Click to embiggen

A member of the North Florida Survival Group and his young son gather their rifles before heading out to perform land navigation and enemy contact drills during a field training exercise in Old Town, Florida.

1. Harry says:

30 years of crazy bat shit right wing radio and this is what you get.

• Gwad his own self says:

Define “militia” for us.

• orchidcup says:

There are two distinct definitions for “militia.”

mi·li·tia

Noun

1. A military force of civilians to supplement a regular army in an emergency.

2. A military force that engages in rebel activities.

Pick one.

• Mr Diesel says:

I’d pick the one that protects the constitution from our current government.

• bobbo, with the panache of Steve Zissou says:

That would be the ACLU.

Diesel====seriously====how do you get so turned around you think the disease is the cure?

How?

• Rick says:

When was the last time any armed civilian beat the government?
            Every standoff always ends in either death or arrest of the citizen.

• pedro says:

Another blowhard that thinks only right wingers create paramilitary

2. msbpodcast says:

Ahhh Florida, our most fucked up state.

The best/worst part is that VJ Timothy James Henson* sometime does media deconstruction that sounds like No Agenda. (With clips, video and everything.)

He has been doing Distorted View Daily on the same value for value model since 2005… (No advertiser would touch his show. He feeds/pays for himself by subscriptions. :-))

*) 3 names… I will probably hear about him on the evening news.

3. Hyph3n says:

Meh… but I do find it funny that the guy seemingly wants to teach his son survival skills (aka killing liberals (in my humble opinion, of course)), but eating right and exercising is not part of that. There will be no McDonalds in post-apocalyptic America… he’ll have to go to China to get a Big Mac.

• orchidcup says:

There will be no McDonalds in post-apocalyptic America…

Thank God for something positive.

I don’t know that I want to be around in a post-apocalyptic America.

There will be too many crazy people running around and shooting other people that are not wearing camouflage gear and sporting an American Flag.

I would prefer to die on my own terms, not because some asshole thinks I don’t belong to the right religion or political perspective.

• msbpodcast says:

I would prefer to die on my own terms

Since its not like I’ll ever get to do it twice, I’d rather not die at all, if you don’t mind…

• orchidcup says:

I’d rather not die at all myself, except that eternal life must be exceedingly boring after a point.

If I live to be 100 before the apocalypse occurs, I would be satisfied with that result.

But the world will end for all of us eventually.

• LibertyLover says:

Me either. I can’t take my stuff with me!

4. Admfubar says:

there will be no apocalypse as long as you can sell survivalists survival gear.. these nit wits dont know they’ve been had by corporate amaerica :P

5. Somebody says:

Survival – It’s better than the alternative.

6. god says:

Best example in a while of Republican dipshit pol doublespeak:

Marco Rubio just said we should start supplying ammo to all the Syrian rebels because it’s non-lethal aid.

WTF?

• Rick says:

Rubio must be a supporter of NRA logic. Bullets don’t kill people, people kill people. We’re just sending them innocent little bullets