I was in a restaurant the other day and heard a couple talking. “Maybe I should go back to using DOS.”, he said. “They can’t tap DOS.” It’s now something we have to think about, talk over with our friends, wonder if they are listening to us. Is the NSA monitoring this blog? At what point do they get really interested. With that in mind I’m going to make some statements and see if you agree.

1. A watched person is not a free person. – We take our liberty for granted. There was a time when we didn’t even think about if the government was watching. Now we have to wonder what they see and what they care about. Just knowing that makes me feel not free.
  2. Secret Courts means rule of law is dead – America was founded as a nation that was created by the will of the people for the sole purpose of serving the people. When they can just tell you to do anything they want just because they can, that’s not freedom. America was founded on the principle of rule of law based on the Constitution. The FISA court has nullified the Constitution.
  3. Debt is a form of Slavery – In 2008 America was scammed out of trillions of dollars by thousands of bankers. The Obama administration has prosecuted none of them. When bankers steal and the government allows it then they are an accomplice in the theft. And who’s debt is it now? They tell us we the people owe it. $50,000 per person. They have created artificial debt and are trying to make us indentured servants. And the terms of the debt is that we have to surrender our freedom.
  4. Two classes of people – the watchers and the watched – The spy society has created two classes of people, the watchers and the watched. The watchers are effectively our masters and we are effectively the servant class. “They” get to see what we are doing and their secret courts control enforcement. But – there’s nothing to worry about. Just be a Patriot and believe everything they tell you, even when they tell you they are lying to you.
  5. Forcing people to lie is a dictatorship – I host this web site for John Dvorak. I have access to his email. I can tell you that I know for a fact that I’m not sending the NSA John’s email. However, if I were given a national security letter and ordered to tap John’s email, I would be required to lie to you and say the same thing. I am required by law to lie and it’s a felony if I tell the truth. Therefore when I tell John Dvorak that I’m not tapping his email, my word means nothing. When someone’s word can not be trusted they are a liar, even if I never lie. America requires me to be a liar. I am not free.

I think slavery is something that is taught. I think that they are trying to reprogram society. They want us to willingly give up our freedom. They want to impose debt on us telling us we have to give up our freedoms.One of the proudest moments of my life was last Saturday when liberal Democrat party loyalists booed Nancy Pelosi sending her a message that we’re not going along for the sake of the party. Pelosi can go back to Washington and tell Obama that the peasants aren’t buying the story.

I think the time has come for Occupy Wall Street to join hands with the Tea Party and tell the Cheney/Obama administration that the insanity will have to stop. Let us decide as a nation that we choose freedom and the rule of law and a constitutional government. No spying, no secret courts, no secret laws. Rich people go to jail too. No watchers and the watched. We need to say no and make no stick.

1. WmDE says:

The NSA does nothing to make you a slave or unfree. That is the IRS’s job!

• Mark says:

You just don’t get it, do you?

• WmDE says:

I get this much. The NSA is part of the military and is answerable to the Pentagon. The Pentagon is answerable to the Commander in Chief. That means the one man that can change NSA operations is the President of the United States.

All you have to do is elect a President that wants less information than available to his predecessors.

All of this NSA flap is to take attention away from what the NRO is doing. (A joke. I don’t know that the NRO is up to anything.)

• WmDE says:

At least the National Applications Office has been eliminated.

• Mark says:

Blaming Bush (or anyone former regime), really? Is a watched person a free person?

2. Taxed Enough Already Dude says:

This feisty Irish gal nailed Obama down on many points, including his spying:

3. Hooman Who says:

Marc Perkel,

I agree with most everything you say. However, I don’t think slavery is something that is taught, rather it’s something that is accepted. Obviously, slavery is accepted by those who are being oppressed since they have no choice – that’s a no brainer. But just like the “sit down shut up” crowd is over spying, slavery is (or at least was) expected to be accepted too. It’s called CULTURE.

Right now, I highly dislike this culture of snobbery and bafoons who willingly give up their rights and then criticize anyone else who don’t agree with them. Just look at the subscribers to Google products, Facebook and Twitter and to a slightly lesser degree those who don’t even question Apple or Microsoft if you want a hint as to who these bafoons and snobs are.

I can quote you line after line what many of our American founding fathers said and other sage-like sayings. Stuff like “freedom isn’t free” and “what we created is a republic, if you can keep it” and so on. But it doesn’t mean a damn when the very CULTURE tells us to sit down and shut up — and more often than not to also take a NUMBER! (That’s what our masters in the non-government private sector have been training us to accept practically since the industrial revolution!)

…And I’ll be damned if anyone else forces me to lie too. If that means I must follow a reprehensible character like Edward Snowden to Russia (which curiously is more “free” than we are) and expose the liars for the scum that they are then I too will do it.

4. rabidmonkey says:

5. rabidmonkey says:

I think I speak for all monkeys when I say: “hoo, hoo….ooh, ooh, aah, aah, whoo, whoo!” My lawyer will fill you in later (with his usual aplomb) on the details concerning the inherent meaning of my opening statement in due-time, or as the court sees fit to discover otherwise. BTW, typing on an Android soft-phone is no substitute for the real thing… “as-it-were.” HARRUMPH!

6. JimD says:

It seems all our “Modern Connected Devices” are doing MORE WORK FOR THE NSA/CIA/FBI than they are doing for their owners !!!

7. orchidcup says:

The executive branch of government, Barack Obama, has commented that society must strike a balance between privacy and security, or something to that effect.

The Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution reads:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

The language of the amendment does not suggest or infer a balance between privacy and security.

I am curious to know how the judicial branch will interpret the 4th Amendment as the PRISM program is challenged in the courts.

8. Gregg Austin says:

I spent many years of my “previous life” feeling sorry for myself. Ended up not liking who I was and pretty much exhausting my friends with my complaining. Now I subscribe to the belief that if there is something i can do to change a situation – I do it. If I can’t change it, I s*ck it up and deal with it. I tell myself that “this too shall pass” and as long as I”m doing what I can, I try not to worry. Of course, this doesn’t always work and I have spent many days and nights obsessing and fearing the worst that could happen. So far, “the worst” has never involved death, loss of family ties or bankruptcy. I am blessed to have a wonderful man (boyfirend sounds sooo high school) who lets me rant, rave and vent, then makes me laugh. Without him, I’d be a lunatic.

• Tim says:

Ranting, raving, and venting while being so courteous as not to say SUCK does not make you a lunatic so much as just plain lame.

suck. Suck. sucking. suck suck suckety suck. suck the sucking suckers. Fuck those horn’d beasts of suck.

Sorry, Gregg — perhaps it’s only quantum physics made your post appear here all off-topic and shit. Or maybe just fat fingers? Freerepublic is on the other side of the internet, if you’re lost.

• bobbo, the iconoclastic non-conflating non-dogmatic existential Idol defiling cynosure says:

Cracks me up. I can guess at what the FreeRepublic is. Ha, ha.

Quite the harsh critic on fat fingers. Yet I sense you have used that razor on your own innards as well.

Just as it should be.

9. MikeN says:

You are not forced to lie. You are not allowed to tell a suspect he is under surveillance. Where does it say that when asked, you must lie?

Also, YOU are not forced to lie. The law applies to companies.

10. Red says:

Dan Carlin was urging the Occupiers to join up with the Tea Party almost three years ago. So depressing to listen to some of the stuff from the election know how it all turned out. Instead of taking a chance and changing the heart of their party they took the easy route, and it cost them the election. The really sad part is that Obama is pretty much what most of that party wants in a President.

11. alex jones says:

BOYCOTT NSA

BOYCOTT USA PRODUCTS

ALL PRODUCTS NOT JUST TECH

WAKE UP WORLD THIS PROBLEM IS HUGE

US GOVERNMENT AND ITS “ALLIES” ROBBED YOU

THINK HOW MUCH MONEY YOU WOULD HAVE NOW

It is very simple to fix this whole problem, and that problem seems to always be the USA. Everyone in the world and even the USA needs to boycott the USA. They also need to know where there data is going and ensure servers that do not touch USA. This is very simple to do but does have a cost.

The alternative, do nothing. If you do nothing, you may ask what is the USA doing with your data. They are using it to make money plain and simple. It is not for terrorism or any other grand adventure. It is to take the worlds money, just like playing poker, and knowing your opponents hand. If a company is ignorant enough to not secure their business without the USA and NSA spying, then using them is a sure fire way of destroying your business by espionage and stealing. Think how many trillions have already been stolen.

Microsoft has back doors to all its products. This includes getting rid of all microsoft products like windows and replacing it with Linux. People around the world should start writing for open source code to help linux work for the world. All companies should provide tech support and drivers for Linux.

Cisco routers have back doors to all their products and allow the USA companies in the know to learn secrets to your business.

This does not mean simply just use new encryption software. These companies built back doors and even your best encryption is not safe. Worse anyone can access your networks once the back-doors are released to the hackers.

Once trust is lost it is lost forever, and these corrupt American companies do not deserve another penny. They got funding from the USA government to take your information, and what should piss you off is they have it all right now. You have to change the game of your world business today.

Educate the next generation and your business partners. No companies in the USA on your servers period. Boycott Microsoft, Skype, XBOX, Verizon, Google, Cisco, Apple, Facebook, Yahoo, AOL, Level3, Paltalk and there are 50 companies total so far look them up.

Follow the work of the BRICS nations (Brazil,Russia,India,China,South Africa) and Europe and start to build a wall around the USA. Even Australia, you need to switch sides and abandon the USA for good. For every dollar you refuse the greater the world becomes and the more money you keep in your pocket. This includes, don’t forget, boycotting the rest of all businesses in the USA. Make the USA hurt until it turns against itself and stops screwing with the world.

Sincerely,