Image result for president trump

No matter who won it would be a disaster. This election was all about selfishness and personal ambition and greed. The truth was push aside for sensationalism to generate eyeballs for the press to market to advertisers. I would have felt a lot better if it were Biden vs. Romney, but instead it was bring in the clowns.

On the positive side Trump could end up being a great president if he did it right. Nut he has no experience in public office at all and he’s going to have to totally fake it. He’s likely to be surrounded by people with their own ambitions and agenda and he going to be clueless as to what to do. The most likely outcome is Apocalyptic Disaster.

Not only is Trump clueless but he’s barely able to contain his bizarre personality. Under the pressure of a real job he’s likely to melt down and go back to pussy grabbing and personal grudges. And there’s a good change he’s just going to up and quit like Palin did, leaving the country to Mike Pence to restore the Dark Ages.

All the things he promised in the campaign were all lies, and that’s a good thing. He is obligated to no one. The Dems hated him and the Republicans stabbed him in the back. So there’s potential to take his independence and do something great. And I hope he does because otherwise – we;re all f**ked big time.

If I were Trump I’d find the best Dems and Republicans and put together a party splitting coalition that would break the Dem/Repub gridlock. I’d have people like Romney, Bill Clinton, Bernie Sanders, Orin, Hatch, John McCain, Chuck Shumer, Ron Wyden, all former presidents, and other’s who would form a team to figure out Trump’s single real promise – to make America Great Again.

Such a move could actually turn things around. I doubt he’s going to do it or anything that makes sense. And I think we’re totally screwed. This is what happens when you turn your back on reality. And America is going to have to pay the price.

One thing I predict is that what will happen will be a surprise to everyone. No one can predict what will happen so all of those who think they know are all wrong. Even though I’m an Atheist, we can only pray that things aren’t going to be as bad as they are likely to be. Unless we get it together, this could be the crash of global civilization. It is my hope that all of us rise to the challenge.

1. NewFormatSux says:

When Trump’s actions violate your worldview, you have to either admit that you are clueless about the world, or hallucinate more.

• bobbo, the pragmatic existential evangelical anti-theist says:

A good short read, but I disagree. Mainly….. how is anyone supposed to tell when Trump has stopped lying?

• NewFormatSux says:

Presumably based on actions. Note that much of what Adams suggests are really lies from the media, and it is not clear that Trump has backtracked. Look at the transcript of the NYT interview, and compare to the articles and see if you think they were being honest.

• bobbo, the pragmatic existential evangelical anti-theist says:

I don’t need to look…what Trump does almost always is emphasize a given position but add a disclaimer to the opposite at the same time:

“Mexico is sending us their rapists and murderers, …….. there are some good ones too.”

People take what they will.

• Few truths can be expressed in a sentence says:

How much more precise can anyone be without being called out by the opposition?

• bobbo, we think with words and flower with ideas says:

Pedro…see in this thread where I say our immigration laws should be followed.

You never post accurately.

YOU….should apply to the Trump organization for a whip position. You know: totally ineffective outside those who already agree with you.

2. bobbo, we think with words and flower with ideas says:

Ironically, Few truths can be expressed in a sentence demonstrates that many lies can be such as his own when he says:
    11/24/2016 at 4:40 pm

How much more precise can anyone be without being called out by the opposition? //// Factually speaking, this statement is more lie than truth. Truth is: illegals other than being illegal commit fewer crimes than citizens. The reason is simple: they came here to earn a living and don’t want to draw attention to themselves.

What Trump should have said to be truthful but not stir up his dull witted racists voting base is: Mexicans are good people and we need them to perform many entry and agricultural jobs here in the USA…. but…all immigration must conform to law so I am hereby instructing ICE to start arresting or giving citations to employers who do not confirm the working status of the people they employ.

OK…..a bit long, but still one sentence.

Don’t be a stooge.

• ± says:

[bobbo said]
      “… Mexicans are good people and we need them to perform many entry and agricultural jobs here in the USA…. but…all immigration must conform to law so I am hereby instructing ICE to start arresting or giving citations to employers who do not confirm the working status of the people they employ.”

Every once in a while you say something which is dead on correct. Too bad everyone has to wade through so much chaff to get to the occasional kernel of wheat.

• NewFormatSux says:

If he did that he doesn’t get elected, unless he ran as a Democrat.

3. IM78 says:

Sheesh. I come back in two days and there’s 208 comments in this particular blog segment. Some of them very good. Others, not so much.

4. jpfitz says:

Wow, allot of comments and a foot put down by McCullough, but, still having the same old tired jousting.

Been off the pc and not getting email from DU on my phone. If I didn’t comment after dropping a comment, sorry. I adjusted my browser, maybe now I’ll get notification email.

Marc has a real bleak outlook for the future with DT or Hill in office. Lots of crying democrats not agreeing with Democracy. Protesters in most the of the big cities. Things have cooled down with Thanksgiving’s arrival. I did believe DT would win. He tapped into the gut of Americans fears and made promises Trump can’t keep.

Wall Street seems to be soaring on Trump’s election. If the shite Is to hit the fan, I would think we are safe till Trump’s first conflict in the middle east.

• bobbo, we think with words and flower with ideas says:

I don’t know what would make the ME worse than it is…and Trump might let Putin win the whole thing.

No…I think the first blow up will be between Trump and Ryan….aka the congress. The Pukes think they have open season on the middle class….the ONLY WAY Trump Save America Again is to stop them.

Stay tuned.

• jpfitz says:

Once Kathleen Troia “K.T.” McFarland was nodded for Trump’s cabinet I win bobbo. Bid time Islamic alarmist. We’ll see, hopefully Trump will behave in a more dovish approach then his appointed cabinet menbers.

I see no problem with Putin, the way I see it Trump would have to get caught having business ties with Putin that breaks the law.

5. NewFormatSux says:

Liberals were telling us before the election that Trump was a grave risk of nuclear war. Are they hard at work building bomb shelters?

6. NewFormatSux says:

Who is closer to Nazi philosophy:

1) Donald Trump
    2) Sharia Law

7. Tim says:

first.

8. bobbo, if you don't KNOW AGW is going to kill your grand kiddies, you've got more basic science to learn says:

jpfitz making the false equivalency says:
    11/27/2016 at 8:06 pm

Saudi our friend…why. because. /// Oil, Proxy against Iran and rest of Middle East, Its paid support for Israel

Russia our enemy…why, because. /// cold war roots including multiple examples of sabre rattling. Opposition to USA expansion of Nato to the border and within of Russia.

There are definite well known becauses.

Bad Behavior has blocked 13724 access attempts in the last 7 days.