Wow! Sort of makes you wonder about reincarnation.

Found by J.K. Davis.

1. chuck says:

Wow. She’s terrible.

Ok, she’s better than some.

Seriously, have we got so used to the idea of 2nd-rate singers (or 3rd-rate celebrities) mangling the national anthem at baseball games that we can’t recognize good singing any more.

The Star Spangled Banner is notoriously difficult to sing. It requires an talented voice and a large vocal range to handle the highs and lows and changes in pitch and tempo.

Autotune was invented for a reason.

2. WmDE says:

“The rockets red glare” was from Congreve rockets.

The ones that were “bursting in air” were failures. No need of flak in the early 1800s.

3. Nate Homier says:

@#12

Comes from war of 1812, everybody knows that.

4. keylime48 says:

As any “supernaturally” intelligent asian would tell you, the Chinese were using rockets around 1000 years ago.

5. Two to the Head says:

AAAACCCCKKKKK! Another parent pushing their child to become “famous”. The pinnacle of all that you can do here in gitmo nation.

I think rising hormone levels in drinking water have something to do with these “child stars” also.

6. DocColorado says:

mmmmm.. Web site on YouTube says 7 year old girl most increadible singer.

I suppose saying it’s a 5 year old sensationalizes even old fart like CrankyGeeks…

7. Dr. Psycho says:

Boy, sure some nasty comments here. Is it always like this at this site?

I’m especially disappointed to find a member of the Unitarian Jihad such as Sister Mary Hand Grenade of Quiet Reflection, talking that way.

The black powder Congreve rockets fired at Fort McHenry on the night of September 3rd, 1814, were not merely flares, they were intended to strike people and buildings and blow them apart (thus, preferably not bursting in air).

I still prefer the song performed at a faster tempo, to make it easier to sing without shrieking and warbling.

8. riverqueen says:

Oh, for Pete’s sake people….she’s just a talented little kid that’s had some training on how to use her ‘gift’. As a singer, myself, I can ‘hear’ between your nasty words that you’re all just plain jealous. Go suck some lemons and sweeten up. And, I agree with Dr. Psycho’s observation: I’ve never read a more vicious website…yeesh!

9. sbritchky says:

The next time someone cries for war, I’ll point him to this discussion. How can we endure the sacrifices of war to protect such fools as these? May God help us.

10. Bronco Billy says:

#12 Well, dumb ass, the Chinese had rockets before Christ.

11. JRG says:

I suspect some comments coming from outer space. I do think

I rate #4 the most humorous and # 7 most quotable. I intend to use that

Kudos to T. Berry and thanks

12. Great American says:

Does it matter what her nationality is? She is singing our national anthem beautifully, knows the words. Perhaps her parents just really care and are Great Americans……Shouldn’t we all strive to raise our children the same?

13. grumpyTech says:

the child singing is 7 years old, her name is
    Rhema Marvanne, too bad above commentators cannot use search engines

14. Skaliwag says:

I realize this is somewhat late in response but Fragalot, you must have failed with honors thinking that Rockets were not known pre-WWll.
    They date back to the 12th century when it was noted that the Chinese shot rockets into the air to celebrate various Chinese Holidays and even during the Spanish-American war where it was documented that ” rockets were fired from the enemy last night and lit up the sky but the signifignance was ill received by them as it led to several of the Spaniards being killed because the illumination lit up the sky so that we could see them plainly and they became a perfect target!”