Pretty screwy. Unless the clip is a hoax. Here is some background on the possibilities.

Thanks to Zamir Humud.

1. W.T.Effyall says:

#52 – It’s magical!

2. Orion314 says:

Mallet, unfortunately violates Clark’s 1st law,i.e. (anytime a distinguished scientist says something is not possible, he is almost certainly wrong) and Mallet makes a completely idiotic assumption, i.e. time travel is not possible into the past until someone makes a time machine. What if a time machine was invented by some alien scientist billions of years ago? What if the big bang was the first original time machine? I find Mallet most unimpressive, and therefor, unbelievable.

3. noneofyourbusiness says:

Yeah, let’s believe a conspiracy theory from a guy who’s hero is Jackie Chan, and he can’t tell the difference between Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee.

Wonderful, just wonderful.

4. sashley616 says:

Sorry I don’t see a phone I see an old woman talking into her hand. When I was younger and could be politically incorrect we called a person like this a bag lady.

5. podman says:

Not a time traveler but simply an Alien caught on camera as it walked among us talking on its personal communication device.
    The large shoes are necessary to accommodate the large
    lizard feet.

6. Doc says:

Get in the car now ! This is a period in time when they had no sound. No one can hear us !
    We must go back to 1985 now !

7. deowll says:

If this was on film made during the era you would have something at least interesting but this is a digital remaster which means it got cleaned up using high powered computers and advanced software. The people doing the remastering could have done anything to it.

8. AlBme says:

#2 got it right. It’s an old hearing aid from the 1920’s.

9. DocBrown says:

great scotts!!!

10. Marty McFly says:

Sell your MSFT now while you still can!

11. tesimonton says:

William Shakespeare had even a better explanation than Einstein: He had his character in “Hamlet” (Polonius, I believe) say “There are greater (things) in Heaven and Earth than are (even) dreamed of in your philosophy.” (Parenthetical words added by me.) Of course, by that reasoning, Bill Shakespeare could have really lived in the future and time travelled back to the 15th century. When I worked in television in the 1950s and 1960s, I often thought Shakespeare worked for CBS!