(Reuters) – Police in Idaho Falls have told a man to stop wearing a bunny suit in public after people complained he has been frightening children. Residents in the northwestern city of 54,000 people also reported William Falkingham, 34, occasionally wears a tutu with the bunny suit, police said in a statement on Tuesday.

Police warned Falkingham after a woman said she saw him dressed in the costume, peeking at her young son from behind a tree and pointing his finger like a gun. While a police report said other residents were “greatly disturbed” by his activities, one neighbor defended Falkingham as eccentric but otherwise harmless. “He’s got the bunny outfit, a cowboy suit and a ballerina dress but you don’t see him except where he’s tripping through his backyard,” Deborah Colson told Reuters. “He’s got a strange lifestyle at home but we all do weird things at home.”

Falkingham told officers he “enjoys wearing the suit” but understands the concerns and that he could be cited as a public nuisance, police spokeswoman Joelyn Hansen said.

Maybe they should just declare open season on Wascally Wabbits.

1. chris says:

There was a guy I used to see occasionally near where I worked at the time who wore a ballet tutu. He rode a girl’s bike which I guessed would protect his modesty. Thing was, he’d never really do anything: just stand there in his sad ass getup.

If you’re going to go to all the trouble might as well enjoy it.

2. Peppeddu says:

Democracy at work guys.

If you’re not allowed to see something that you don’t like, you don’t live in a free society.

3. Animby says:

Just curious.
    Why aren’t those kids who wear their pants halfway down to their knees a public nuisance?

Maybe if their boxers are a bunny rabbit print…

4. GregAllen says:

Now if he was gardening in his bunny suit — that would be a constitutional right!

Seriously, I wonder if this guy has developmental issues. I’ve seen that several times — grown men harmlessly acting like children and freaking everybody out.

5. Jim G says:

Could have been worse— he could have dressed up as a PLAYBOY BUNNY

6. Similac says:

LOLZ! This is only the next big town over from mine, about 50 miles away.

7. sargasso_c says:

My 100lb German shepherd vs. your 200lb bunny rabbit. Cage Match!

8. Mr. Fusion says:

A slow news day item and everyone gets their knickers in a knot. It’s just Alphie exercising his Tea Bagger rights when his Medicaid prescription drugs run out.

9. Hugh Mungus says:

Dang, where’s Elmer Fudd when ya need him? Those wascly wabbits!

10. Glenn E. says:

OMG! This is Idaho’s once a year (or so) attempt to get itself recognized in the news. I still remember the Idahoan, who claimed he found GOLD, under his house. I don’t think he ever explained why he was digging under his house. Wouldn’t most people try digging, in the backyard, first? I’m thinking he was digging a drug stash, where the cops wouldn’t think to look.

Anyway, I was forced to live in this state, by the USAF, for three years. And I never knew such a state’s populous with an inferiority crisis. Mostly the wealthy cattle barons there. So every year or so, since I left, I’ve heard how some fool Idahoan has done something strange enough to get a mention in US news. Usually soon after that, some Texan chimes in.