This type of manipulative reporting is just disgusting. It’s amazing that we have to rely on a Comedy show to hear some semblance of thruthiness. BTW, apparently Bachmann won her votes the old fashioned way, she PAID for them. Douchebags, all.

1. Mr. Ed - the Imitation (accept no original) says:

#44
    #43. So you will vote for idiots…well that’s nice.

I would consider Ed’s position far better than voting for fucking idiotic, retarded, selfish, hypocritical, bible thumping, Jesus crying, Tea Bag loving, wife cheating other guys.

But your comment is nice too. Stupid, but nice.

2. LibertyLover says:

#60, You’re shitting us, right?

If the 49.9% of the population that DIDN’T vote for it were to leave, where would you get your tax dollars? Only the top 50% pay anything.

You need us. Without us, your utopia is a pipe dream. We work to serve you, M(aste)r Fusion.

Master, why would you let a bunch of kids burn to death to save your wife? Isn’t your next door neighbor’s kid worth saving?

3. Badda bing says:

#62, You haven’t met either my neighbors or the little monster they hatched.

4. LibertyLover says:

#63, Touche’

5. Mr. Fusion says:

#62, LL

In your rush to insult and act the child you really are, you ignored the point. Americans want the social safety net. They also want higher taxes. Facts are facts.

6. Phydeau says:

#62 I’m calling your bluff, LL. Go ahead, leave America. Take your precious tax dollars with you. But you won’t, you know why? Because your tax dollars go farther here than they would in any other country in the world.

The other “civilized” first-world countries have much higher taxes than the U.S. And the countries with lower taxes — well, the money you save in taxes you spend in bribes to local crooked politicians and warlords, and armored vehicles, and for 12 foot high walls studded with broken glass on the top around your villa to keep out the desperate poor.

That’s right, taxes are the dues you pay for civilization. No taxes, no civilization.

I hear taxes are really low in Somalia. Why don’t you go live there. No? Then STFU with your BS threats to leave the country.

Rich people want all the benefits of civilization but don’t want to pay their share for them. Rich people benefit MORE from civilization, they get to keep their money and property in a safe and orderly society. So they should pay MORE in taxes, and I mean a higher percentage. If they don’t like it, they can leave. But we know they won’t. So let’s stop acting so scared of them.

Corporations and rich people in America right now are awash in cash. Profits are up. But it’s not trickling down to use average folks. Cutting taxes on rich people doesn’t benefit the country, it just makes rich people richer. We’ve tried it for 30 years and it doesn’t work. Let’s stop.

7. LibertyLover says:

#65, Yes, Master.

#66, Rich people benefit MORE from civilization

Once you realize how wrong you are on that single point, your entire argument crumbles.

Tell us how they benefit more?

If they don’t like it, they can leave. But we know they won’t

But they ARE leaving, scooter.

How many more links do you want me to provide.

Note: I’ve been approached by a couple of companies we do business with who have shifted some of their major operations to Ireland. They’ve asked me to incorporate a branch office there so they can continue to do business with us. Considering it.

Oh, I’ll keep my main office here in Dallas but not because I feel I should pay for your welfare but because my family still lives here. Nothing to stop me from benefiting from the low taxes elsewhere, though.

8. Phydeau says:

#67 Rich people have more to lose in social upheaval. More property to lose, more money to lose if banks fail. Rich people benefit more from a stable, honest society in which their property and money is more likely to stay theirs. Since they benefit more, they should pay a higher percentage of their income to PRESERVE the stable, honest society that they benefit so richly from. Not rocket science.

Your links are mixed, some relevant, some not. Yes, multinational corporations are engaged in the “race to the bottom”. But going to less civilized countries with more corruption and social unrest is a bad bet in the long run, IMHO. We’ll see. A race to the bottom ends up with everyone at the bottom.

Looks like you’re voting with your feet, LL. Despite your fancy words. Somalia not looking so good for you to raise your family? Pity. Such low taxes. 😉

9. Phydeau says:

Another thing LL… you want to benefit from the stable, honest society we have here in America, created by our social welfare structure, but you want to move your income overseas so you don’t have to pay for what you use here. That makes you a leech on our society. Ironic for a Libertarian. But since Libertarianism is mostly BS (as we’ve already established) it’s not at all surprising. You’re just clever con-men trying to get away with not paying for what you use.

10. LibertyLover says:

#68, Show us how they benefit, not what they have to lose. Hell, my sister stands to lose everything and she isn’t rich. Everything is everything.

honest society

Now I know you’ve been eating unicorn dung.

You obviously didn’t read them. Switzerland and Ireland are armpits? Where’s all the talk about how nice Europe is with their socialist systems?

Somalia/Ireland . . . those letters don’t look the same. How did you get Somalia out of Ireland?

Looks like you’re voting with your feet, LL.

Yep.

#69, Never seen such a run of anal seepage in my life. Get a clue. People want to keep what they earn (even poor people). They want to donate to whom they wish (even Buffet). They don’t want to be told what to do.

You are a bully. You think your way is the only way. It has proven it doesn’t work (look at things now). This safety net you keep referring to is dragging its country to its knees. Time to stop it and get back to some American values. Until then, I’ll protect what I have, help out where I can, and be there to pick up the pieces.

11. bobbo, why do you think what you think and when do you change your mind says:

Loser–speaking of Unicorn Shit ((nice all purpose rhetorical abuse I’m sure Alfie will pick up on)), this really is remarkable: “Show us how they benefit, not what they have to lose.” /// Amusing. I guess you are so simply minded/blinded by dogma you think people get what they “have” all on their own. Ha, ha. Yes, everything I have is ALL MINE!!!! I got it all by myself. suckled on my own teat if you want to know the truth.

Hey dumbdumb–the ability/opportunity/blessing to pursue happiness is a great freedom secured by our forefathers in their struggle against your frame of mind over the centuries. The Landed Gentry, the Monaraches, the Pharoes==ruling by divine right or by the capture of wealth. The masses be damned.

Interesting how power without exception wants to organize itself into pyramidal structures. If poor people weren’t putting their lives on the line for minimum wage, YOU and I wouldn’t have the stuff we have, the opportunities we have that we enshrines our kiddies with.

Its what we have. And stupid YOU, it can be taken away if you are too stupid to share just a little bit more than you often advocate for.

Hard to tell though in truth. Are you against MediCare and prefer one to one charity? If so, you are an ass.

Tell me Loser: if I’m at McDonalds and I see a group of LIEberTARDS about to drown in the river and I am the only one that can save them, should I get another order of fries with or without a milkshake?

12. Phydeau says:

Oooh, poor LL got his feelings hurt. Calling me a bully. Truth hurts doesn’t it?

A social safety net taken to the extreme *does* harm a society. But so does Capitalism, and we’re not throwing that out now are we? The key is moderation. Which libertarians know nothing about.

13. LibertyLover says:

#72,

bul·ly 1 (bl)
    n. pl. bul·lies
    1. A person who is habitually cruel or overbearing, especially to smaller or weaker people.
    2. A hired ruffian; a thug.
    3. A pimp.

1. To treat in an overbearing or intimidating manner. See Synonyms at intimidate.
    2. To make (one’s way) aggressively.

Feelings aren’t hurt at all.

Simple fact — you want people to do things your way and aren’t willing to listen to reason. So you start bullying people. Bullies do so because they can’t think logically. The react with their emotions instead.

Feelings are what got into this mess. If we were to apply logic instead of relying on feelings, we would see we can’t afford to continue this spending binge.

Now, have you had a chance to look over the proposal and tell us what is wrong with it or are you going to continue bullying us through name calling and insults?

Bad Behavior has blocked 13512 access attempts in the last 7 days.