From Space.com: On Dec. 1, a camera onboard NASA’s STEREO spacecraft recorded a wave of electrically charged material shooting out from the sun and blasting Mercury. Footage of this “coronal mass ejection” (CME), as such events are called, has caught the attention of alien-hunters, who say it has unveiled a giant, “cloaked” spaceship parked near the solar system’s innermost planet.

In the footage, one sees a huge spurt of plasma and other solar ejecta washing over Mercury; peculiarly, the material seems to flare up as it hits another nearby object, too. “It’s cylindrical on either side and has a shape in the middle. It definitely looks like a ship to me, and very obviously, it’s cloaked,” YouTube-user siniXster said in his video commentary on the footage, which has quickly spread across the Web.

Alien Terrorists, the borders wide open….whats next?

1. Skeptic > post # 27,685 ± says:

More evidence that the universe is warming. Universal Warming? No, that’s not exactly right as some parts are cooling too, and come parts are just unpredictable, so we have called it Universal Radiation Change. It has a nice ambiguous ring to it. I’ve seen the manipulated data and conclusion that God is the cause and there is no debate! (this time we’ve skipped any debate at all). Since He is an anthropomorphic deity, the official name of this alarming development is Anthropomorphic Deity Universal Radiation Change. If we act now, we can stop the sun from burning out. First, I have Radiation Credits for sale…

2. Uncle Patso says:

Artifact of Mercury’s magnetic field.

3. Jay says:

@Uncle Pasto

Exactly what I thought.

4. Animby says:

I HATE THE NEW FORMAT.

5. pedro says:

It seems John was consulting with a psychiatrist for the blog’s redesign. It works wonders weeding out people with psychotic tendencies.

Well done!

6. AdmFubar says:

Run???? Run to where?

7. deegee says:

If the person in the video and those who believe him knew anything about sci-fi/StarTrek, they would know that a CME would not de-cloak a ship.
    If the person in the video and those who believe him knew anything about reality, they would know that interstellar space-ships and cloaking devices are all fantasy.

8. Animby says:

McCullough : I’ve always wondered about the etiology of that phrase especially as I avoid the hors d’ oeuvres and punch bowl…

9. anonymous says:

makes me think , as uncle pesto says, its mercury’s magnetic field deflecting the cme Just like earth’s does

10. DontLetTheTruthSpoilTheParty... says:

If I recall correctly, it is actually an effect of the telescope trying to average out the lengthy exposure times. What you are seeing is the negative of the previous image, and the bright echo is the dark spot that was Mercury in the pervious image.

But if you TinFoilHat (do they still make them?) still fits, then “OMG It’s ALIENS!!!”

11. ObiWan says:

That’s no moon.

12. Benrix says:

I say we build a new space ship to “rendezvous with rama” ;-)

13. KP says:

What an inaccurate, absurd headline and article. It’s clearly a Klingon Vessel.