1. freddybobs68k says:

“Objection: It was way colder than normal today in Wagga Wagga, proof that there is no global warming.

Answer: The chaotic nature of weather means that no conclusion about climate can ever be drawn from a single data point, hot or cold. The temperature of one place at one time is just weather, and says nothing about climate, much less climate change, much less global climate change.”

• pedro says:

I’m sure you’re proud to show us how good your brain has been washed.

• bobbo, we think with words, and flower with ideas says:

and to you Pedro for showing us how much your brain does need a good washing. Maybe your tongue as well?

Certainly, your donkey. Don’t you ever wash him?

• pedro says:

Aw Dumbbo, upset because I’m not brainwashed. No wonder you defend Dullas so much yet throw a blind eye when I pick on Alfie (something that Animby is also guilty of, love hypocrisy).

Did you even thought that one through?. Look at me, asking you if you thought something.

You should come out of that bestiality closet already, accept yourself for who you are. I’ll be more than happy to send you to a pet farm to fulfill your dreams.

• freddybobs68k says:

@ pedro

Not so much.

But anyway I’d prefer to be impressed.

As in impressed by how you would show, based on evidence, how it is wrong. But you don’t seem to want/or be able to do that.

Please. Explain point by point how it’s wrong. Otherwise you’ve got nothing.

• pedro says:

As if this is the first time this has been addressed in this blog. One gets tired of explaining over & over.

Do your own research but you already gave me the reason by saying you’re impressionable. That’s one of the key personal traits that make a subject prone to brainwashing.

• freddybobs68k says:

@pedro

Cutting to the chase, you can’t/won’t explain why it’s wrong.

• Grey Bird says:

Look at http://skepticalscience.com/ for an explanation of global warming. Climate change is real, and looking at single points of cold weather to debunk an overall shift is misleading. Look at the science and disregard pundits.

• godlessBryson says:

Where’s that damn “LIKE” button?

• Rob Leather says:

Yeah, climate change is real – In the sense that climate changes.

Other than that, there’s not essentially that strong a case for evidence to prove that manmade CO2 over background natural variance. Something even Prof. Phil Jones is open to remark.

Recent CERN studies in cloud seeding, ice cores showing ice forming at considerably higher CO2 concentrations and results from NASA’s latest and more accurate satellite temperature readings; are throwing spanners into a good theory.

Truth is, climate is considerably more complex and unpredictable than

Sun + CO2 = HOT

Can we use such technology to plan ahead and should we endeavour to create more efficient energy usage ? I’m onboard for both of those.

Just don’t create false winners by biased tax breaks.

In the UK it’s been long proven that wave power would provide the best energy. But the Government chooses to back wind and solar. Why?

Well the majority of patents for wave power are in the public domain and those for wind and solar are in private. Companies like GE push hard for subsidies, backing powerful lobbying interest groups, including climate change zealots.

But why does Greenpeace push for solar and wind, I wonder….

• Grey Bird says:

Could you source that? The only info I can find that even resembles what you’re saying comes from cherry picked stolen emails back in 2009 that very carefully removed anything contrary to what the “journalists” were trying to say.

2. Uncle Dave says:

3. bobbo, we think with words, and flower with ideas says:

Uncle Dave shitting all over himself trying to insult every visitor here says:
    3/5/2012 at 7:44 am

This is hilarious. I post a funny photo I found online, add a title that has nothing to do with the photo, and you guys are off to the races. /// I thought the photo supported the idea that snow was drifting up on the other side of the door?

I thought much meaning is always derived from context, but thanks for setting me straight.

• Dr Spearmint Fur says:

A site designed to rick-roll it’s visitors? I guess the good times are over. If you’ve donated, like me, then you’re an idiot.

Cya bobbs.

• bobbo, we think with words, and flower with ideas says:

Hey Spear—its only “a little bit” insulting. Not a game ender. Regardless of what I think, what UncDave thinks, what those who post think, isn’t the important point what “YOU” get out of this forum?

I think so.

Fact is: Uncle Dave is WRONG. When a person goes out and chooses a random photo to match with an open ended or an ambiguous heading, THEN BY DEFINITION: its not random at all, just as the developed thread shows. Maybe Unc Dave doesn’t recognize his own intentionality, but I found it REWARDING to match the closed door with the heading. Somthing an ARTIST will do: symbolic speech allowing each viewer to take from it what they will.

The fact that Unc Dave is ignorant of his own shallow intellectual endeavors doesn’t mean we should, Pedro notwithstanding.

One more idiot’s opinion should have no more weight than any other?

Ha, ha. Umbrage. A town in Italy without electricity or sewers.

• Uncle Dave says:

bobbo, you’ve got it completely backwards.

I found the photo and posted it. The Global Warming title was an after thought.

I actually didn’t expect a now 70+ set of comments on GW. Seems everyone on here jumped on the global warming thing, not seeing that it was meant ironically and ignoring the photo.

Perhaps I should have done this as a Caption This Photo so as to not upset your delicate sensibilities.

• bobbo, we think with words, and flower with ideas says:

thanks unc==but I’m not sensitive about it at all. Thats probably about as true as you being “in”-sensitive?

But my main point which you may still be missing is: CONTEXT.

Whats big in the news right now?==39 people dead from Early season Extra Strong Tornados, and a week ago large snow storms.

Yes–Global Climate Change and indeed after record setting weather it could indeed snow again.

Caption this photo was fine and indeed, there may be no subtle link to your own subconscious but a door closed to the outside weather was to me completely fitting your headline==and you did choose it.

Why you chose to belittle your own readers is a bit beyond me. Bored? Tired? Ennui?? Repetitive Post Syndrome? Just not wanting to read Pedro spout off endlessly? Or even myself?

Surely you weren’t thinking of me????? Ha, ha. I just keep typing until I crack myself up, and consider it a job well done.

We are all dying from our own effluent. Slowly, but still dying. Someone should post about it.

But who wants to explain how trillions of tons of co2 can be put into the atmosphere and there should be no cause and effect therefrom??

Guyver????

Ha, ha. Down right religious we become. Faith and Bejesus.

• pedro says:

Aaaaaaahahahahaha. Spearmint brain upset because he was had. How naive can someone be? Liberuls are so much fun.

Another stupid idiot that’s willing to pay for something only if it goes his way. The minute something is not to their liking, cries like a baby and throws a tantrum

Make sure the door doesn’t hit you in the back on your way out.

4. bobbo, we think with words, and flower with ideas says:

Animby bringing us his International Viewpoint says:
    3/4/2012 at 7:05 pm

Well, hell. What does it matter? The Russian Times is pretty certain we’re all going into asteroid winter in just a few months, anyway. /// The parallel response from Pedro and other goofs and stooges here “should be”: we’ve had asteroid impacts before so nothing wrong with having another one. Its all Algore fundied Oboma care hysteria. Slow events are harder to understand for slow people. They need high impact to understand anything.

But along the model of “the past” demonstrating anything, it appears we are on a trajectory right now, all things being equal, trend lines continuuing >>> that we are going to reach world wide extinction temperatures in 150 years, give or take. YES—thats what the climate record shows. Just like the record of destruction caused by asteroids.

Change of terminology to Climate Change within an overall warming is because of idiots who say its cold where I am. Yes, a global AVERAGE with weather shifts would cause that. Just like more snow. These effects are all “in the model” and forecasted decades ago.

As to “nothing we can do about it”===its what we are doing that is causing this run up of co2 in the atmosphere. Using science instead of ignorance to solve our challenges is what being human is all about.

Net, net, net: the sea level continues to rise:

Some have said its underwater volcano activity that is heating up the water and contributing the co2. Hey stoopid hoomans: scientists can tell the source of the co2 in the atmosphere whether from volcanoes, bio-mass rot, exhalation, or: buring of fossil fuels. Seems impossible doesn’t it?…..that specialist scientists actually KNOW what they are talking about?>>>and the naysayers don’t.

Its all why Galileo was put under house arrest.

Dithering too long discussion of the probable mass extinction event caused by the cascade of co2 heating to h2s release over on CageMatch.

“Climate Change, Just the Facts” /// http://cagematch.dvorak.org/index.php/topic,10414.msg44473.html#new

• pedro says:

Another cutie from little dumbbo, equating asteroids with global wurming [sic].

And you want people to be as brainwashed as you.

5. NewfornatSux says:

So much wrong facts in so little space.

• Rob Leather says:

It’s hard to work out who’s worse.

Maybe Bobbo, for not only being inaccurate, but also smug about it. Pedro, just kicking back causing fun and games.

6. NewfornatSux says:

Loved Dvorak’s recent PCMag article about Google Street View. The sarcastic JCD is a treasure, along with his column about new features for a phone.

7. butterbutt says:

The problem with both sides of the argument is they try to use weather to make their climate arguments.

8. cgp says:

Oh come on. Who cannot do that trick of piling up snow
    on your doorway. Real probably only in central europe at this time.

9. MartinJJ says:

If there is a pile of snow like that in front of your house, it’s also on the roof. Time to get out before it collapses. Oh shit, the shovel is still in the shed.

10. Glenn E. says:

I’d be more incline to believe in climate shift. Which happens naturally, anyway, without man’s hand in it. Than climate change, which really doesn’t mean very much. What climate, what change? How does climate never change?

As for some of the increases in storms and tornadoes in the US. I’ve occasionally wondered if increased urban sprawl isn’t to blame. Every time they knock down a forest, to make way for more mega-homes. That’s got to effect the vegetation buffer that keeps vortexes from forming all over. But of course the climate scientists never want to blame high end housing development. It’s “hand off” that sacred cow. Just as they won’t blame all the air travel up in the skies. It’s always your and my little sedan’s exhaust, that’s bringing the earth to it knees. How convenient the middle class lifestyle is always the scapegoat. But nothing above that, ever is. Yeah I know. We don’t believe in “Planes bad, trains good” on this blog. But right after 9-11, when all the jetliners were grounded for a few days. They measured a marked change in weather patterns. So don’t tell me that over 30k flights a day, has no significant effect on the weather. I also wonder if the weather will be different down in Florida, now that there are no more Space Shuttle launches? Does NASA bother to monitor that, or just deny it has any effect?