This was sent to me with the attached note:

Thought you might find this interesting. A friend took this picture heading on I-5 south towards LA. Looks like Homeland Security is expanding even more.

1. They got an RV! Did you know that TSA gets more money than NASA? Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot!

• What? says:

Bang without throwing the hammer?

• Glenn E. says:

Last time I heard, NASA’s yearly budget was $18 billion (last two years). And probably won’t drop much, even without the Space Shuttles. While the TSA cost taxpayers (according the ABC-Tv) $8 billion a year. So how is NASA’s budget less than TSA? It’s been in excess of $11 billion since 1989. And grown steadily.

Granted, I think the TSA *is* a huge waste of money. Just not as huge as some other taxpayer funded enterprises, that’s been over-hyped. At least the TSA didn’t build an expensive resort, on some deserted island, that takes millions in transportation dollars to reach. In case I was being to subtle, that refers to the International Space Station resort.

• Rick says:

NASA brings us education, and hope for future possibilities. TSA, DHS, NSA, CIA, and the current administration brings us nothing but a tyrannical future, without the benefit of our God given rights of freedom.

2. Somebody_Else says:

I can’t imagine why Immigrations and Customs might need an armored all-terrain vehicle. It’s not like we have any large borders with a 2nd world desert nation in the midst of a civil war between their government and various criminal organizations…

This is obviously a clear sign of a government conspiracy.

• Laststanding says:

Like protecting our borders has been a priority… Read your history and study the national police of germany. say… 1938….

3. The Watcher says:

Zero has admitted wanting a Federal Police Force equipped as well as the U.S. Military….

Guess what….

4. DesertRat says:

“POLICE/RESCUE” my *ss.

5. Traaxx says:

The big news should probably that ICE, Border Patrol, has a SWAT team; they have 10 different ones – seperate not just different teams. Do they need a SRT, Special Response Team?

Here’s a patial list of Federal Agencies that have their own private armies: Department of Agriculture, Railroad Retirement Board, Bureau of Land Management, Tennessee Valley Authority, Office of Personnel Management, and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, AMTRAK, Department of State.

It’s become a national tread to use a SWAT/SRT to bust into someone’s house under excessively broad search warrents to seize evidence, even when the probability of armed resistence is absolutely zero. This indicative of an increasingly police minded state, where the citizen is the enemy and a state where destructive search ans seizure has run amok.

You can thank the Demoncrats for most of this , Ruby Ridge?

Whatever……………………………………………………………………………..
    Traaxx

6. anonymous coward says:

Photoshopped , nothing to see here…

7. Glenn E. says:

Now at one time, I believe we were told that DHS was just a kind of go-between agency, the others all needed to share intelligence, without the whole rival thing getting in the way. What the hell do they need their own armored car for?! Moving data files, safely and securely?! Because DHS, isn’t supposed to be doing anything on its own, to collect data or enforce US policy and strategy. Unless Congress rewrote (and re-budgeted) its mission.

And naturally, it has to be painted black. Because unlike the UN’s baby blue. Black is always considered badass looking in daylight. And of course, more stealthier at night. Why does an intelligence collating agency need a stealthy badass armored car? And how many hookers can they fit into it?

8. Glenn E. says:

Here’s another view of this thing. It said “Homeland Security –
    Immigration and Customs Enforcement – Special Response Team”, on its side. Which is actually I.C.E., not D.H.S. So I don’t know why “Homeland Security” gets stenciled onto everything.

Notice the white skull, with green eyes, painted on the windshield. Yeah, “Police Rescue”, I’m seeing it. They reported using this thing to dismantle a narcotics “pipeline”. Why is everything a pipeline, now? Getting us programmed to accept the oil “Pipeline Wars”, ahead?

9. Glenn E. says:

Ya know, in Nazi Germany, it was called the “Father Land”. And in Russia, I’ve heard it called the “Mother Land”. But in America, it’s called “Homeland”. Which is as interesting in its lack of parental gender, as it is in its subtle nationalism. I wonder why they rejected “Heartland”. Might it evoke some compassion? I think the US should have gone with “Bonerland”. Because isn’t that what’s really being protected? At least when it’s Las Vegas, it is.

10. onthedot says:

What the h*ll? Really?

11. deegee says:

Where can I get a car like that?

12. DaveX says:

Just yesterday I was downtown Eugene, Oregon and I saw a white SUV Homeland Security vehicle. It also said Federal Police on it.

13. Rev.T says:

Glen, DHS is a blanket for TSA, ICE, CBP,etc…….

14. This is a great picture. Any form of DOD or LEO can benefit from a armored vehicle.

15. jeff says:

according to Snoopes, the fact checking website, DHS solicited up grades for these rigs. Why they are soliciting the upgrades and not the War Dept. is beyond me. Also the photo shown earlier with their name emblazoned on the side , leaves one a little uneasy. I used to live in the Communist state of California, and it was not unusual to see vehicles and helicopters in transit and often they said UN.