A former police officer who retired from the FBI due to post-traumatic stress disorder linked to her role in the aftermath of the Sept. 11 terror attacks has written a book about seeing legions of angels guarding the Pennsylvania site where a hijacked airliner crashed.

Lillie Leonardi served as a liaison between law enforcement and the families of the passengers and crew members killed in the United Airlines Flight 93 crash. She arrived on the scene about three hours after the crash.

Although Leonardi’s book, “In the Shadow of a Badge: A Spiritual Memoir,” centers on her vision of angels, she argues her life has been changed more by what she didn’t see that day.

“The biggest thing for me is that that there were no bodies,” she said.

Leonardi, 56, remembers the burning pine and jet fuel stinging her nostrils. She said she also remembers a smoldering crater littered with debris too small to associate with the jetliner or 40 passengers and crew on board.

“I’m used to crime scenes but this one blew me out of the water. It just looked like the ground had swallowed up” the plane, Leonardi said.

“That’s when I started seeing like shimmery lights … and it was kind of misty and that’s when I first saw, like, the angels there,” Leonardi said. “And I didn’t say anything to the guys because you can imagine if I would have said, ‘I just saw angels on the crash site,’ they’d have called the office and they’d have said, ‘She lost her mind and tell her to go home.’”

……

“To this day I know I saw those angels, I’ve never doubted that. What I doubted was, why me?”

Sorry, I got nuthin’.

1. orchidcup says:

This lady has a number of stories.

Here is an excerpt from the text of an article that was published September 6, 2011:

“The first thing that hit me was the smell,” she recalled. “It was a combination of fire and the pine. The second thing that hit me was we’re in the middle of the wilderness and there’s no sounds of birds.”

On that day, Leonardi was with the Pittsburgh division of the FBI as a community affairs coordinator.

Aside from the blackened forest and smoldering crater, she says she saw something else – a rising mist with shapes inside and silver flickers.

A devout Catholic, Lille wondered if they were angels or even the 40 heroic souls of those on United Airlines Flight 93 who’d fought their hijackers to the end.

Then she, and two men with her, spotted a Bible, barely singed.

“Again, I’m praying, and all of a sudden I said, ‘God just give me a sign that I haven’t lost my mind.’

“And all of a sudden this huge wind came out of nowhere and flipped that Bible open and I remember it flipped open to Psalm 23, ‘The Lord is my shepherd…’ “

In the days to come, Lillie was the primary liaison with the families of the lost, escorting them to memorial services at the site.

“And so every story or every hug that was needed, had to be – and what you don’t realize – what I understand now is you absorb all of that,” she said.

The past decade has been a personal struggle for Lillie, physically and emotionally. She recently retired from the FBI with a diagnosis of post-traumatic stress disorder.

She remains fragile but strong in her faith and has written a book due out in October about her spiritual journey from 9/11. She will be in Shanksville with her daughter this weekend.

“I’m just hoping it’s going to be a healing day for us all,” she said.

So there was a singed Bible laying on the ground, and a huge wind came out of nowhere and flipped open the Bible to Psalm 23.

I am wondering how a Bible survived the crash virtually intact, except it was singed, presumably by the fiery explosion.

I suppose a Bible could survive the crash while nothing else did.

If I would only believe in miracles.

2. The_Real_Dallas says:

Fact:

Obama was on board and killed all the terrorists with his bare hands, unfortunately, he couldn’t pull the plane out of it’s dive. Donning a parachute, he kicked out the cabin door, and with an “adios mofo’s” jumped to fulfill his future destiny of driving the rest of the country into the ground at 600mph.

Ta-da!

3. Skeptic says:

I have a question.

How many angels can you fit inside the head of a pin-head?

4. orchidcup says:

Here is a video that I found on her web site:

Lillie Leonardi

Copyright 2011
    All rights reserved

“All video footage was obtained from Internet sources”

• orchidcup says:

According to her video, she has been seeing, since childhood, a blue apparition that told her his name is “Michael.”

I am assuming this “blue man” must be the archangel Michael.

You really need to see the video to understand what she is saying.

5. Sheila says:

they won’t quit selling this bull shit till everyone in Amerika is woken up.

Angles/????, why not a good hobgobblin or gremlin seems to me they are ‘ angle/centric.

survivingsurvivalism.com

• TK says:

They’re Angels, not angles, which is a geometry term; the word is “until”, not “till”, which is something you do to a garden; it’s “has awaken”, not “is woken up”; and most importantly, it’s spelled “America”, not “Amerika”. If you plan to bash someone’s beliefs, the very least you could do is get the grammar and spelling correct. If you’re an American, shame on you for not knowing how to spell your own country’s name.

• victoria says:

Thank you for the correction…I thought the same thing about this dudes comment but you put it so much more succinctly than I could.

• JFK says:

Thank you TK! Very well said!

• god of magog says:

Then the LORD said unto thee… “Thou shalt not commit ad hominem attacks or other logical fallacies.”

6. Sheila says:

PS

well that convinces me, now I’m sure that was really was a plane crash and also having seconds thought that 911 was an inside job.

why don’t we end the TSA and let this woman screen passengers, if she see any angles around any persons they must be a terrorist.

survivingsurvivalism.com

7. Glenn E. says:

As a non-investigator, I seriously this FBI “agent” would even be sent to the crash scene. There’s no reason for her to be there, getting a first hand glimpse of the wreckage. And then going to were the relatives are, to console them. It just doesn’t make sense. So I suspect she’s imagining that her dreams of the event, are real. I’ve heard this happening to some highly imaginative aerospace employees. Who just happen to paint or draw, as a hobby. And some of them believe aliens kidnapped them in their sleep. And so you’re suppose to take then dead serious, just because they’ve got this job with Lockheed or Boeing. Creating company poster art, designing aircraft decals, or whatever. Same with the FBI agent who sees angles. Probably not one of their more level-headed employees. Not a field agent. So she wouldn’t have been “in the field” to observe what she said she did.

8. orchidcup says:

Here is a photo gallery of the Shanksville crash site:

Crater Photos

There were dozens of people at the site shortly after the event occurred.

Smoke can be seen in the photos, but no angels.

Nobody else has reported seeing any angels.

Apparently, the only person that saw angels at the site has been seeing angels since childhood.

I don’t wish to sound skeptical, but it seems to me that one or more of the angels that were observed by Lillie would have been seen by other people at the site.

And then there is the story about the Bible that survived intact and a huge wind suddenly opened the Bible to Psalms 23.

My instincts tell me that somebody could have made up the whole story.

I am not pointing any fingers.

9. orchidcup says:

Actually, this article that appeared in the Washington Post mentions that two Bibles were found in the debris, although they were not exactly intact.

Interestingly, about 600 pounds of human flesh were recovered eventually.

Hallowed Ground

Excerpt:

As coroner, responsible for returning human remains, Miller has been forced to share with the families information that is unimaginable. As he clinically recounts to them, holding back very few details, the 33 passengers, seven crew and four hijackers together weighed roughly 7,000 pounds. They were essentially cremated together upon impact. Hundreds of searchers who climbed the hemlocks and combed the woods for weeks were able to find about 1,500 mostly scorched samples of human tissue totaling less than 600 pounds, or about 8 percent of the total.

Excerpt:

Miller says he is often asked how he copes emotionally with the work he must do. He says he is not sure. Then he tells the church audience that, remarkably, two heavily damaged Bibles were found in the wreckage of the flight; a white one at the crash site that belonged to a passenger who was a practicing Buddhist; and a second one, black, of uncertain ownership. Miller says he ran across the second one on the floor of the warehouse where victims’ belongings were being kept. The second Bible was scrunched up and was lying open, he says, to the 121st Psalm, which is customarily read at funerals. He says he has no idea who left the Bible in that position.

The Bibles were heavily damaged, according to the article.

It seems difficult to imagine that a sudden huge wind would open a heavily damaged Bible to Psalm 23, as Lillie claims.

The coroner reports one of the Bibles found on the warehouse floor was laying open to Psalm 121.

10. NewformatSux says:

Pretty sure this was the plot of an X-Files episode?

11. JimD, Boston, MA says:

9/11 looking more and more like an INSIDE JOB !!!

12. Yar says:

Wow, now I’ll know how to tell if I ever go crazy.

13. tacticalterry says:

I dont know if she saw Angels in the crash sight or in the outfirld but im guessing the only thing she saw was $$$$$$.

Either way I have seen a lot of skeptics saying no bodies no plane etc etc. To those skeptics I will say this I was the lead investigator on a plane crash a few years ago.

The plane a small four seater crashed nearly straight down. It clipped a tree with its tail and went into a dive it made a funny hole and there was hardly any recognizable parts.

The minute I saw it I said to my self “self, this looks a lot like the flight 93 crash”. No skull no bones just a flesh suit at the bottom that we finally dug up as dirt tried to fight the plane for king of the hole.

Oddly enough the pilots leather wallet was found nearly perfect.

Makes me wonder if the bibles were leather bound.

14. Iza Koon says:

Flight 93 was SHOT DOWN !!!!!!

NO ANGELS—JUST VICTIMS of the JEWS!!!!!

15. Mr. Mackey says:

Drugs are bad, hmmmkay?

16. orchidcup says:

You need to check your medications or your translator.