Users of Windows XP, Windows 7, or Windows Vista will be able to purchase and download Windows 8 Pro for just $39.99, a Microsoft spokesman said. “We set out to make it as easy as possible for everyone to upgrade to Windows 8,” said the spokesman.

1. Marc Perkel says:

Windows XP was the last Microsoft OS that worked correctly. Everything has been a downgrade since then.

2. Dallas says:

I plan on upgrading some day because I like to tinker with the pc and find what’s wrong with it.

3. gold account says:

While botnets are not unusual, news of the Mac botnet is due to the relatively small number of viruses and malware created specifically for Apple products. Word of the Flashback program, however, comes just a week after researchers discovered a different Trojan called MacControl, which gives cyber criminals complete control over a users computer.

4. Thomas says:

For whatever reason, Microsoft seems to think that the only people that will use Win8 are people that have never used a computer in their life or have an IQ of 5. Just the Office ribbon made like 1000x more difficult for people experienced with the Office apps, the Metro UI makes it 10000x more difficult with people versed with computers and especially MS operating systems. There are many obtuse gestures to find simple things like the control panel (which IMO has been made even more useless than the default Win7 control panel view). Finding something as simple as a list of installed applications is a chore. I can’t imagine trying develop off it. I saw one demo from a guy that had written reviews for every MS OS since Win3.1 and it took a Google search (on another machine) just to figure out how to get to the login prompt. The cost to train users much less training users that provide support to other users will be needlessly high. It seems to be that MS has built an OS on which they know the vast majority of businesses won’t upgrade because of support costs.

I’ve found Win7 is very stable and, even though I’m not a fan of the new taskbar, easy navigate and can be made useable for a power user. Win8 on tablets might be great but Win8 on the desktop will be a disaster IMO.

5. dege says:

I think MS knows it is a failure so they are trying to tempt anyone they can with the lower-than-usual price.

XP and 7 are two of the best OS’s they have made (except for all of the features the idiots stripped from 7′s Windows Explorer).
    8 is going to be a failure since no desktop user in their right mind will ever buy it.

6. Breetai says:

After Vista I gave up on Microsoft’s competence. But I went ahead and tried 8 on my old x200 Lenovo Tablet PC anyway. This is what my Tablet PC as supposed to be from the get go. Microsoft feeling the heat of their own incompetence may be finally innovating and creating something useful.

That said… At the office running AutoCAD and Office Apps, Executive management gives a shit about being pretty, not the production people who actually have to work for living. I don’t want a flashy car for work I want a utility truck.

7. Windows 8 only allows users to upgrade if they have PCs that already run Windows 7.For the user’s of Windows 7 cheaper upgrade versions were available and if you have Windows Vista or Windows XP, then you will have no other choice but to purchase the expensive full version.
    Full version contained the entire operating system, and the upgrade versions contained only the files necessary to move from one version of Windows to the next.

8. William G. Herron says:

Bob 1.0 was a fail…

Bob 2.0 will be too.

9. Linux Louie says:

I can’t wait until my car runs on Windows.

“Are you SURE you want to unlock this door?”

Chumps.