Click on photo to enlarge

Cons from solitary confinement take part in a group therapy session at San Quentin state prison in San Quentin, California.

What is there to say?

1. President Amabo (I see the comment system is still designed for retards.) says:

These “people” wasted their time doing things that did not contribute to them having a big house with a 3 car garage to hold their 4×4 they could drive 25K miles or more a year.

They obviously don’t understand the priorities of a real human, so fuck em.

• Dan says:

Hahahahaha YESSSSS!!!! I work in a jail, and there is just a percentage of the population that is “defective” if you ask me- as said PERFECTLY above: “They obviously don’t understand the priorities of a real human, so fuck em.” Indeed sir, INDEED! FUCK EM!

• noname says:

Don’t expect people to shed a tear or have concern for an asshole employee when a mistreated prisoner takes a stave to your throat. Two wrongs don’t make a right.

I bet you kick your dog and beat your kids in anger too!

““They obviously don’t understand the priorities of a real human, so fuck em.” Indeed sir, INDEED! FUCK EM!”

History repeatedly shows, over and over, those who point fingers have 4 pointing back at them.

• Dan says:

Yes I am quite certain these guys are mistreated…. probably being unjustly punished for smiling too much and practicing too much selfless altruism.

“mistreated”… maybe in the typical criminal’s mind, because they are the center of their universe, and “Deserve” everything they want.

And I don’t have a dog.

I really gotta find out what these guys history is now…. So- are you saying that you think these guys are not deserving at all of their situation? Or have not proven themselves as a danger to others?

• noname says:

Hum, let see. Because I raise questions about YOU, instead of saying some equivalent of “Yesum master!” you say I must be nigger, I mean prison lover. What an asshole.

I also find it humorous after you make you ignorant, “I sit on my brain” comment you try to justify it by “I really gotta find out what these guys history is now”

It’s evident, in your diseased mind, I am supposed too, if not required too believe, you being a guard makes you a stellar individual above reproach. I guess for you that only really works with people under your abusive authority. I feel sorry for everyone who HAS to be around you.

• Dan says:

This reply is in reply to noname’s below comment.

Okay okay calm down…. when I said I was wondering about “these guy’s history,” I was referring to the guys in the prison cages, not the commenters. I enjoy/appreciate a good debate here. Also throwing this “nigger” comment in- I call foul! At no time did I suggest that term in any way. But I tell ya- some folks- SOME, definitely not ALL, that get to prison are these defective people. I describe the real losers as “the reasons prisons are built.” I mean- them being out and among the responsible, law abiding citizens is a hazard to society. And I believe that the persons in the cages are perfect examples of this.

BTW- were you saying that “niggers” are prisons lovers? Serious question there… I quote the n word because I did not use that word….

• Group therapy? Is it really needed?

2. Dan says:

If we would certify and license all mothers I think we could reduce this “problem” by a large amount.

• orchidcup says:

I’ll volunteer to do the certifying.

Legalizing abortion helps too. :)

• msbpodcast says:

Fuck yeah… Its not crime, its pre-crime.

That picture is one great reason/justification for state-funded abortion.

We could reduce the number of criminals behind bars if these weren’t born in the first place. Think of the lives and money we could save and the number of property crimes we could prevent.

I bet none of the mothers of these losers would have shed a tear if any of them had been aborted in the first trimester.

As it is, we have to pay for facilities, equipment and people to engage in bondage play with these losses of space and wastes of resources, this human detritus, for years and decades to come.

3. AdmFubar says:

no thinking outta the box allowed here….

• orchidcup says:

Okay. That was a good one.

The therapist has a captive audience.

You gotta give me that one.

• bobbo, orchestrating the sublime from couplets to libraries says:

Yes, good one Adm. It strikes me that “by definition” everyone in a hard time prison needs and some would even benefit, and when they benefit WE all benefit, from good effective mental health services?

And this post notwithstanding, I’ll bet the psych services made available to prisoners is close to nil and even less if you take away merely giving them drugs?

Fun to read reports of how many of us are sick right now or at anytime during our lives? I know I got upset when my girl friend walked out on me for no good reason, or at least not for one stated. I could have been arreste at just about any time thereafter for about a week….. maybe even should have been. Ha, ha….. and then it passed leaving me the cheery personality I have today.

Mental Illness. Societal Misfit. The broken hearted. Quiet Acceptance.

Everything on the continuum. Just be thankful you weren’t caught during the transitions.

• orchidcup says:

Everybody has ups and downs, but as crazy as you are, I doubt you were contemplating the kind of crime that would land you in prison and in solitary confinement.

I grow weary of people justifying criminal behavior because the perpetrator had a bad childhood. We are products of our environment in many ways, but we also have brains that allow us to think things through. It is too easy for criminals to play the blame game.

I must admit your *ahem* cheery personality *cough* gets rather tedious at times.

• bobbo, orchestrating the sublime from couplets to libraries says:

Well, thats the whole point there Orchi==we are all tedious…. at times …. or in our own ways ….. except in our own minds…..

all is vanity.

Things/Issues are complex and simple at the same time. Depends on how you view/what take you make on the subject.

Why do people similarly situated have different outcomes? Why do separated Twins have remarkably similar life experiences? How can future criminality be resonably predicted based on environmental factors?===and then we “blame” the individual???

We may have to blame the individual/make the individual responsible as the only handle we have against anarchy==EVEN IF IT ISN’T TRUE. Not true—just pragmatic.

Thats just one of the ways that that makes reality a bitch…… and me tedious.

Ha, ha.

• Bill says:

That’s just the problem..A baby waits 9 months to get out, where a man spends the rest of his life trying to figure out how to get back in…

4. jpfitz says:

The Odyssey rover has landed on Mars and these six guys despite their rage are still just rats in a cage.

• msbpodcast says:

If only it was only six, but its thousands and thousands

I’d like to send them with one way tickets to mars.

• orchidcup says:

Curiosity has landed. Odyssey is orbital.

Congratulations to the human resources at JPL.

• jpfitz says:

I realized my mistake later. I was too excited about the mission. Ergo, my brain farted. Too much NASA TV and broccoli.

Did you notice how young some of the JPL scientists are?

• orchidcup says:

It proves that young folks can grow up and do something useful with their lives instead of gangbanging and drug dealing.

What a spectacular achievement. I am still giddy from watching the landing.

It reminds me of the moon landings and the Apollo 13 flight that was saved with duct tape and chewing gum.

5. Scott M. says:

“There but for the grace of circumstances go I.”

6. Sigmund Fraud says:

What do you think the therapist said as his(?) opening remark?

My guess: “Let’s take 5 minutes and silently reflect on why we’re here.”

• orchidcup says:

My guess: “Ladies, the reason you are here is simple. You are one step above a monkey. You are retarded in your intellectual development. You have no imagination or reasoning skills that would have prevented your incarceration. You could not foresee the future consequences of your actions because you did not pay attention in school and you watched too much television.”

Blah-blah-blah and so on and so forth.

• bobbo, orchestrating the sublime from couplets to libraries says:

I was gonna suggest that the pic cries out for “Caption This” and I would make yours the winner.

something we could all think about at some time during the day? …….. in our own cubicles? Corner Window Office????—whats the diff except the view?

Well done Sigmund.

7. BigBoyBC says:

The latest Hot Pockets Tour 2009 Meet-up…

8. ShotgunMo says:

they should put pallets under those things…then use forklifts…

just sayin’

9. Reminds me of the confessional, not much difference. “Can I help you my son?” “Yeah, you got any toilet paper?”

10. ufa says:

Next it will be those with disabilities, then it will be you. Think they
    don’t have cages for you? All you that sit in judgement, think they
    don’t have cages for you? Think again.

• orchidcup says:

A jury of twelve peers sat in judgment and the losers get put in a cage. That is the way the system works.

When you think of a better solution, write a book.

• Dan says:

Exactly. Then- not only that- after they got to the prison, they were just dysfunctional pieces of shit that they earned their way into these cages.