If there’s nothing you hate more than doffing your shoes to walk barefooted or shuffle in your socks through security screenings at the airport, well, we hate to be the ones to tell you, but that’s going to be your reality for awhile. The Transportation Security Administration has been shelling out millions to test not one but four different scanners that would let us keep our shoes on at security checkpoints, and none of them are doing well enough to be used.

1. dcphill says:

I refuse to fly anymore because I can get no help getting my shoes off or on and the security folks insist on x-raying my knee replacements and looking at the scars. I don’t need nor want that kind off scrutiny any more.
    I want an airport and airline for the rest of us who are not paranoid and afraid. I fear getting run over on the road way by some crazy more

• Sheila says:

that is the real answer, STOP COMPLYING!!!

as soon as enough of us refuse to be felt up by a double digit IQ TSA tard the sooner they will go away….

survivingsurvivalism.com

2. Taxed Enough Already Dude says:

Government can’t do anything right. Even the military is bloated with waste and fraud.

Bush should have gave this to a private enterprise…but congress Democrats ever the control freaks and lovers of waste and fraud and corruption…wouldn’t have it.

• Don’t be silly. This IS private enterprise at work, capitalists to their very core, complete with profit motive. You don’t seriously think that the TSA did the R&D and manufacturing on these failed devices do you? All they did was field test the devices, finding that they failed to meet expectations. The companies involved were General Electric, L3 Communications (maker of 2 of the devices), and IDO Security (an Israeli firm). The first rule of anger should be to direct it toward the correct target. Not Bush, and not Democrats.

The sacred cow of private enterprise gets slain today.

3. Supreme Ultrahuman (I see the comment system is still designed for retards.) says:

Everyone should have to fly nude.

Yes, there a are a lot of gross fat people, but you’d see lots of nice boobies too…

4. ReadyKilowatt says:

Bin Laden: Goal is to Bankrupt U.S.

Would now be a good time to bring this up? No? OK, I’ll just sit over here. Let me know when you want to hear about Bin Laden’s kooky ideas.

• orchidcup says:

Um, I don’t wish to overstate the obvious, but it sure seems to me that it looks like the U.S. is already bankrupt.

The only thing left to do is the paperwork.

Unless I am missing something.

5. NewformatSux says:

As previously posted, the shoe scanning is something the previous head tried to get rid of, but the work is ongoing. This was considered a primary weakness to be exploited by hijackers, with one shoe bomber caught, and plans for various designs known. It is also possible that the plane that crashed after 9/11 out of JFK was a successful shoe bomber. Or perhaps you believe the official story.

6. ECA says:

BARE FOOT
    nAKED…
    NOW all we need is the kitchen..

7. msbpodcast says:

I just don’t care anymore.

I’ll be flying in December and I will once yet again have to submit to these stupid internal exams, grab my ankles while I totter round holding onto everything because I fall if I don’t, sending my cane through the scanner and having to teeter until I get my hands on it again.

Fuck, I hate flying… But I really hate it since the TSA was created…

(You think blacks get targeted by police? Try being a handicapped traveler. Fuck me if I don’t get pulled out of line EVERY single fucking time.)

• orchidcup says:

Be thankful you don’t have prosthetic legs.

I wonder what happens to women with radical mastectomies and prosthetic boobs.