A school has banned parents from watching their children take part in sports events – unless they pass a criminal records check. Parents have been banned from watching their children compete at sports unless they have been vetted by police.

The Isambard Community School in Swindon, Wilts., insists all parents must clear a Criminal Records Bureau check to weed out potential paedophiles.

Neil Park, 54, was furious when he was turned away from watching his son George, 12, play rugby.

The father-of-five said: “I was turned away from the school because I had not been CRB checked.

“I couldn’t believe it. Government guidelines state that parents are allowed to watch games…But any strangers can be questioned and requested to show the appropriate paperwork, which is fair enough…

The school introduced the new measure at the start of the term to prevent strangers from accessing other parts of the school from the playing fields.

A spokesman said: “It is with regret that from now on we will be unable to accommodate parents wishing to spectate at our sports fixtures unless they are in possession of an up-to-date Swindon Council CRB check.

You can always count on the Brits to lead the way in Nanny State political correctness.

1. pedro says:

Who can understand this 12 y.o. priest wanna be kid that posts this kind of stories.

This would prevent pedophile priests to watch kids and you’re against that? Make up your mind!!

• noname says:

People wish pedro the 12 y.o. priest wanna could be CRB checked!

• pedro says:

What, expressing your wet dreams nobrain? Y don’t swing that way but you can go with Dallas. He loves the way you defend him so you have a big shot there.

• pedro says:

Yes, wetback pedro we know how you swing.

You’ve got man crushes on Dallas and few others here.

Your a desperate one, always seeking prickish attention.

• pedro says:

Oh moderators! Helps! Someone is copying my nick! Helps!

Hahahahahahahaha Nothing is gayer than posting with someone else’s Nick. Keep doing it please, show the blog how many gay people are here (not that there’s anything wrong with that!)

• Noname says:

pedro everyone knows you gay crush on dallas!

• Noname says:

pedro the prick, there is no help for you! Your just pathetic ignorant ass!

You can only heal when you admit dallas is your crush.

• Noname says:

predro, you need to get over your dallas luv.

• pedro says:

Dallas is all yours. A match made in gayven

• Noname says:

I don’t take sloppy seconds.

Your going to have to find another butt buddy to share your spud cream with.

• pedro says:

Sure gaybrain, whatever you say

• Noname says:

pedro pedro, this is just too much fun.

Your just that clown that everyone has fun annoying.

Don’t get mad, it only means your the center of attention. We know, your just making up for not getting enough attention as a little bandito! It must have been a traumatic childhood.

Scientist may find a cure yet!

• pedro says:

You, on the other hand, are helpless in your anencephaly.

And it’s written you’re, not your. I won’t hold it against you, I know you have no brain

• Noname says:

pedro, anencephaly is a big word for you.

Once the doc explained your brain problem, you can’t forget it?

pedro, is that really your problem; a brain injury because your neural tube failed to close?

pedro it’s a congenital case, beyond hope?

Well, that explain some. Them pills don’t help, do they?

• pedro says:

It was such big a word that you had to go to wikipedia to understand it…. No wonder liberuls like you fail so miserably.

• noname says:

Your right pedro! You’re indeed the first person diagnosed with anencephaly I met.

Once the doc explained your brain problem, you still can’t forget it?

Like I said before, YEH & Congrats for pedro, the medical miracle whip has a good memory, even with a severe congenital brain injury, he remembered he has anencephaly!

I am sure, your mommy and absentee daddy are so sooo proud!

Sorry, I didn’t believe you after you said your head MRI was positive.

Good for you!

2. jpfitz says:

Isambard when skim read looks or appears like Islamabad. Just saying.

Leave it to the Brits to bring more FUD into society. Though with the Jersey Island scandals, maybe the’re onto something.

3. Charliej says:

The paranoia is spreading. I am an old man. Will I live to see the day when everything that is not forbidden is mandatory? When we retired, my wife and I left the US. We now live in a country that is not run by lawyers. Where you can live without looking over your shoulder, worrying that you might be breaking some law that you don’t know about.

• crackpotwhileflyinggeneralaviation says:

You moved to Antarctica?
      Cool, very cool!

4. Brock says:

The inevitable result of life in an anything goes liberal led society. Bad food, old cars, crappy medical care, a monarchy and a constantly monitored and checked society. At keast they try to protect kids. In Chicago, I suspect the adults give kids guns to protect themselves…..

• pedro says:

Things are so bad in Chicago that people are turning to drugs in droves.

I might put the link of the TV docu about Chicago’s suburban drug problem

5. Stevie B. says:

Embrace the horror.

• Noname says:

pedro, is all the horror he can embrace with hand lotion! :) :) :)

• pedro says:

Who left your but so sore you had to apply lotion to it?

• jpfitz says:

But it’s your butt that hurts.

• Noname says:

No No, it’s his head that hurts.

It’s his head-buried-in-butt syndrome that makes it confusing.

• jpfitz says:

Pedro must apply the lotion to his head(noggin)or it gets the hose. It does this whenever it’s told. It puts the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again. Now it places the lotion in the basket. Put the fucking lotion in the basket!

• Noname says:

your right pedro is a basket case!!!

:) :)

• pedro says:

I now feel like cupid. I’ve made a new coupe with nobrain and jpfitz. May you both enjoy happiness in gayven

• Noname says:

pedro missing you luv, dallas?

Get it out, go to him. Embrace yourself, hold tight and go!

You need to clean up after yourself.

Over time you keyboard gets sticky and you start making schoolboy typos or maybe you really intend to type “closed car body style”

• pedro says:

Nobrain, the voice of gay experience

• noname says:

PP (poor pedro) telling us how your gay dream spud cream experiences are?

We aren’t judging you, nationally inquiring minds want to know.

Don’t leave out the details!

6. bobbo, the future is so bright, I gotta wear tinfoil says:

“Embrace the horror.” /// Ha. ha. Nice summation. Anyone can take what they want from it.

FTW.

For the analysis: can anyone state a specific reason why this procedure should not be done? Note: this is a trick question as the answer should actually be relevant to the safety of the kiddies and not to the many irrelevant tangents that touch upon the subject.

7. hmeyers says:

I don’t know enough about the topic at hand to have any opinion.

There might be stats or some data to back this up that we are not aware of. Or maybe not.

In the absence of this info, I don’t have an opinion except I do have some level (not infinite) that I do have a level of faith that bureaucracy and sociologists do sometimes know what they are doing.

Case in point, I support the efforts the Michael Bloomberg to reduce the # of fatty peoples with bad habits. I also support the efforts of Michele Obama in regards to school lunches. [But yeah, I will vote for Romney. In a Democracy when things aren't working, we can change regimes. Things are not working ...]

8. jpfitz says:

“Case in point, I support the efforts the Michael Bloomberg to reduce the # of fatty peoples with bad habits. I also support the efforts of Michele Obama in regards to school lunches.”

Kids disappearing and nutritional consideration of fat kids is an oxymoron.

This has nothing to do with this circus of an election year dividing the country and families. D or R or I, will anything change. Nah.

9. Glenn E. says:

So how do they plan to weed out all the pedos that watch the Olympic gymnastics, in the future? Do they really think they aren’t the majority of the viewers for those events? That’s like saying women who frequent Ballets, are there to check out the male dancers’ package. They should make those dancers wear a short skirt or loose shorts. And watch the female patronage, drop off!

10. GregAllen says:

When my daughter was in Girl Scouts, it was almost this strict.

All adults had to have a basic ($5) criminal background check to participate in any club events.

I don’t think that appied to “public” events like banquets or awards ceremonies but there weren’t very many of those.

But any event where you would be with the girls in a room or a vehicle, you needed to have the background check.

Was this a ‘nanny state” policy?

As a parent of a small daughter, it gave me a little reassurance. At the very least, it make me believe the Girl Scouts took the safety of my child seriously.