usa_work_program

Executive Producers: Sir David R. Foley Black Baron of Silicon Valley, Sir Eric of Minnasotnuts, Sir Mark Dytham Baron of Tokyo, Sir John Richert, Baron Sir Dr. Sharkey Protector of the Smokey Mountains, Ron Zoetjens
Associate Executive Producers: Bubba Moustafa, Michael Knight, John Sextro, Keith Brown, Dame Astrid Viscountess of Tokyo
Art By: Patrick Buijs

Listen to show by clicking ►

Direct link to mp3 is here.
Direct link to shownotes.

Sign up for No Agenda Mailing List here.
Sites to consider: No Agenda Nation, No Agenda Films, No Agenda Records, No Agenda Stickers, and put a banner on your site! Click here!
NEW! Create a Promotional CD Here!

1. Sea Lawyer says:

The whole discussion about journalism is spot on. I’m sure the whole thing stems from the development of journalism schools, and this snobbish idea anybody who isn’t a part of the “club” is somehow less worthy of first amendment protection. Being able to exclude people as not being members of “the press” is important to mainstream journalists because it reinforces their status as the controllers of the public discourse.

As John has said previously, take in context of 18th century America, anybody with a printing press in a back room was “the press;” and the modern equivalent to this is the Internet.

2. B. Dog says:

This was a particularly good show, but I had to pause it when looking through some old NA cover art on account of it was too funny.

There were airplane incidents all around Gitmo World:

3. bobbo, in repose says:

Mr Dvorak: CageMatch is broken. No new member since 2011. Some on DU have told me they can’t register to comment.

Down to four Regulars with abut 4 more casuals. Throw it open, or shut it down?

Thanks.

• jpfitz says:

Agreed, Mr. Dvorak please fix the registration fail. Thanks in advance.

4. pedro says:

Could Snowden be a bigger hypocrite? I mean he’s seeking asylum for reportedly showing secrets about his government and he choses a country that right now is trying to put in jail a journalists that revealed the lies of a government saying that mobs magically burnt down some cuban-infested clinics by the journalist twitting what was going on in there and even more magically showed no sign of damaged 10 hours later.

Not to mention that said government has been said to have cheated the elections.

Yeah, hurray for freedom… elsewhere

5. Ron says:

woa what happened with my last name o.O?!

6. bobbo, in repose says:

Pedro–with the TORTURE of Bradley Manning, …… what would YOU do?

Its obvious that “odds are” like the other 1.6 Million people that had access/knowledge of this program, you’d keep your head down, do as you are told, collect a pay check…… maybe spout your idiot views on a blog?

Sheer hypocrite YOURSELF.

Personally, I’d keep my head down. FREEEEEEEEEEDOM requires THE TRUTH. The truth is often cared for by those misfits in so many other areas of their life. But it is always amusing to see one true Hypocrite call out a Truth Teller for not doing something that the Caller wouldn’t get within 100 miles of.

Pedro = Hypocrite (Not Honest, Not Self Aware—maybe just stupid)

• tImMay1! says:

EAC called, he wants his keyboard back.

• bobbo, in repose says:

I assume you mean ECA? Yes….. I’ve learned a lot from him. I do think showing my own emPHAsis on the terms used adds a little something. Rather knee jerk response. Do you “really” care?===or is it just something to say?

• Tim says:

Well, it was all I had.

• bobbo, in half crouch as I don't wish to tower over Pedobear says:

Hey—just look at Pedo……you can always go lower.

Criticize my spelling or punctuation.

Thats always insightful.

• pedro says:

Bobbo the hypocrite saying is OK for a “whistleblower” to keeps his freedom in a place where a guy like him gets jailed.

• bobbo, in half crouch as I don't wish to tower over Pedobear says:

Pedro—something that continues to hobble you: words have meaning. Please state specifically how I am a hypocrite. I ask because “I went out of my way” to post as a non-hypocrit would. Truth is my own action would be a middle ground. KNOWING MY GOVERNMENT TORTURES, I would not go public. If I came across info I thought should be public…. the most I would do is leak it anonymously and then hope I didn’t get caught. Probably use wikileaks…. or a rurual mail box….geeze is it getting harder to mess with the gubment with all their surveillance programs…..or am I just getting paranoid?

OK…is a relative term. I never said that, but that implication is close enough===especially for Pedo. YES–living in a country that would jail you for what you did in your own country is OK if the alternative is a life in jail AND TORTURE. Pretty simply reality there Pedro. Stupid you would argue the point so stupidly. Can you make any smart comment at all? No? Just pull your pants down in public? Thats all you got?

Rereading, you say: “Usually, people protest in support of someone going thru the same thing he’s going. I guess his principles are that thin, just like yours.”//// Thats actually only half bad. I agree the media is not championing his cause. The AMERICAN media is not that is. In the tank for their overlords. Was Obama greeting with protests in Europe over Snowden? The press more favorable over there.

There has been a trend in GOUSA–the press not covering protests. Even LARGE protest rallys. And you know…… if the press doesn’t cover it….. it ain’t happening.

Hence the need for more Snowdens.

TRUTH AND LIBERTY vs Subservience and conformity.

Troubling times. At least Obama won’t take getting directly insulted and disrespected AND keep our troops in Afghanistan. Sickening how its all ending just as it most likely looked like it would right from the start.

Politics and the Powers that be. Dull wits. Unconcerned with We the People.

• Tim says:

*hypocrite*

hypo usually stands for ‘below’ or ‘lower’ than. I’d have to guess at ‘crite’– Crikey! As in the aussy ‘muck fe phrunning’?

I didn’t used to be a grammar nazi {I can’t stand not seeing the meaning for the words} but I’ve not been my self because I’m absorbed with something else, at the moment. That, and you broke my spirit.

• bobbo, the spirit breaking Grammar Jew hiding under the floor boards says:

Hijacking this thread even more, which does seem to be your overriding interest not yet absorbed by contesting moderators, I have to say I see the Humor in that Excellent link…. but… I am so disgusted by all things Nazi that the sketch still leaves me a bit appalled. THAT shit really did happen, and is happening now in your more backward third world countries…. or the USA if you happen to publish the truth.

Still…. “you” or “her”==seems to me either is correct depending on who the Nazi was talking to?

To your point du tangent: I only know that hypo is Greek for “under” as you say. Crite I will WAG is kinda like “criticism” or the application of intelligence or honesty to a subject? Under Honest is the essence of the word. I wonder what wiki says?……. Hmmmm. No banana. More about stage acting.

Ah well—its been 2500 years. What do the Greeks know?

• Tim says:

opps. {fucking edit-bot}

That; And you broke my spirit.

There. Fixed it for meself.

• bobbo, the spirit breaking Grammar Jew hiding under the floor boards says:

Well, “that” error, if it even is under current usage and practice is a punctuation error, not a grammar error.

If your spirit is broken by such a feather weight, pretty obvious: you need a new and different breed (Nazi Ref) of spirit. Not that I’m into that shit.

Stand up and be your own Man. Not like Pedro of course—but your own version of it.

Ha, ha. I do crack myself up. Spirit doin’ just fine.

• Tim says:

*that {un-emphises added by me} shit really did happen*

All that and a bag of one giant fish:

• Mextli says:

Online Etymology Dictionary

• Tim says:

Yea. How come JCD never weighs in on these subjects but to tell us to… excuse me, someone is battering-ramming the door with a knock-knock(tm) brb.

• bobbo, the spirit breaking Grammar Jew hiding under the floor boards says:

Mextli–thanks for that link. Fun to review the history/philosophy/wisdom that comes down to us in the very words we misuse everyday?

I’ll think of you now each time I use it.

Sorry bout that.

• Tim, i mean, Pygmalion says:

Meet me behind the hot water pipes down the third ally past the conscripted teacher — and bring a lighter.

7. Ron says:

I think the TSA is catching on to the NA tip to evade the body scanner by saying one can’t raise his or her arm(s). As first victim this marine veteran: http://dprogram.net/2013/07/09/tsa-harasses-and-shames-yet-another-disabled-veteran/

• bobbo, in repose says:

That is terrible. What is your solution?

• pedro says:

Go to a country where the locals are treated like crap just like you are treated by your country, only they’ll be good with you.

• Tim says:

My solution? Go to a country where ‘army’ means more than two — Nobody wants to see that shit.

8. Tim says:

Have you checked your Drudge Report today?? I sure wish I could check mine.

9. t0llyb0ng says:

paycheck is one word
    mailbox is one word
    protest rallys sb rallies
    featherweight is one word
    down the third ally sb alley

PFH.svc
    Proofreader from Hell

• bobbo, the spirit breaking Grammar Jew hiding under the floor boards says:

tolly—is that all in your head or do you look any of it up?

I misspell more than “I should” (perhaps) but also typos I don’t slow down to fix. In school I recall a lecture where the prof said that bad spelling in otherwise intelligent people was an indication of anti-authoritarian personalities. That made me a worse speller from that day on. I even smile should anyone comment on it.

You make me wonder if there is a corollary.

What makes an otherwise intelligent person a compulsively good speller? What do you think of as you compose your list—the “emotions” if you will? Do those same emotions arise in other activities in your life? Do you play well with others?

I remain, Curious Yellow.

• bobbo, the spirit breaking Grammar Jew hiding under the floor boards says:

PS–I like it. Wish I had the facility, but the words I can’t spell I’ve looked up dozens of times and the “rule” just doesn’t stick with me. Wifey is a faultless speller due to her near photographic memory. I wish I had that facility too.

10. jpfitz says:

I cant spll but can yu stil read ths? Nazis burn in Hell