So – I’ll be blogging from ICANN #47 in Durban South Africa next week. Leaving tomorrow morning. Hopefully I didn’t piss off Obama so much that I end up in Moscow with Snowden.

1. pedro says:

Hahahahaha. Even John’s post crying about who was gonna take care of the server while Perkel was gone was deleted. I love coincidences.

BTW, here’s my re-post:

“Hopefully I didn’t piss off Obama so much that I end up in Moscow with Snowden.”

You should end up in venezuela so you know first hand what a real despot & humiliating regime feels like.

• Tim says:

All my posts from yesterday are memory-holed.

• deowll says:

While you certainly have a point the way things are going finding out what it’s like to live in a country where the government doesn’t respect the law, due process, the constitution and is happy to abuse the bleep out of its citizens no longer requires travel. You just haven’t been on the receiving end of this yet. The percentage of the population that has is growing.

2. Tim says:

Have fun, Marc. See if you can persuade them to amend the IP protocal to allow for emoticons in the address — much better than IPvSUX.

3. Marc Perkel says:

I’m still taking care of it. I’m in flight right now.

4. SeanB says:

Shoot, I was just hoping he would be happy with mid 60’sF temperatures and rain……..

Better bring some wet weather clothing.

5. CrankyGeeksFan says:

Will John C. Dvorak be able to own a “.dvorak” top level domain?

• Tim says:

No. No he won’t unless he pays the thirty bucks to the squatter that already thought of that.

6. deowll says:

Best of luck and here’s hoping they don’t revoke your right to fly while you are out of the country. ?8^)

7. pedro says:

Say Marc, are the “globalist” pushing the “Internet shouldn’t be in the hand of the US” agenda again at the meeting?