x-biweekly-reid

Senate majority leader Harry Reid says that “Everybody” is “willing to pay more” taxes. He said so in an interview with a Nevada Public Radio host.

This idiot is out to lunch.

1. Danny Boy says:

He’s right. I’m sporting a woody right now just thinking about giving these assholes more money.

2. Dallas says:

What he said was ““The only people who feel there shouldn’t be more coming in to the federal government from the rich people are the Republicans in the Congress”.

Of course, by the time it gets through the slime machine, it’s totally different.

Shame on you for further deceiving the American sheeple and deflecting from the real question at hand :
    How do the American sheeple recover from the Republican Party the $24,000,000,000 that was squandered forever and how many Republican heads need to roll – literally.

• McCullough says:

I agree that Republicans do it as well…whats your point?

• bobbo, the One Great Liberal looking forward to America going Total Socialist says:

FALSE EQUIVALENCY. The tool of the dissembler.

Need I link to the graph showing deficits grow under Pukes and decline under Dumbo’s? We all “know” the truth: why do we speak in such partisan tripe?

The Pukes take our money and give it to the RICH.

The Dumbos take our money and give it to the RICH with a begrudging cut to the poor: aka: US.

Just Look…… and stop lying.

• Dallas says:

My point is that Reid’s comment is taken out of context in your post and you’re propagating misinformation.

However, kudos to you for agreeing that is the case.

Out of context meaning it doens’t quote EVERYTHING Reid has said in pulbic?… or… close enough in fact and spirit?

Do you think “everyone” WANTS to pay taxes much less even MORE taxes?

I do of course as I recognize paying $10 in taxes to get $30 in services that are usually DENIED me by the free market is “a good deal.” But I think past my foreskin.

• Danny Boy says:

I’m not certain, but I don’t believe Obamacare will cover the removal of your head from Dallas’ ass.

• bobbo, we think with words, and flower with ideas says:

Of course it will. As we move towards TOTAL SOCIALISM, an education for all those deficient such as yourself can only be hoped for.

How in the world do you categorize a statement that (gently) corrects Dallas as being one slavishly devoted to same?

You do make sense, in the same assbackwards way you view the English Language.

Did the GED have any study guides?

Ha, ha….. but I dither.

• Dallas says:

I’m happy to pay SOME taxes so that sheeple spawn can get training in school to not be dumb asses.
            Also OK with paying SOME taxes to send negros and mexicans to fight wars to protect our empire.

I am NOT ok with paying taxes to keep a military that is equivalent to the next 25 nations combined (23 are allies).

I am NOT ok with paying taxes that are MORE than those of the richest 1% nor of the church which is less than zero.

3. Danny Boy says:

eve·ry·bod·y (vr-bd, -bd)
    pron.
    Every person; everyone.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

4. deegee says:

Land of the free, eh?
    You Americans are so screwed…

5. HUGSaLOT says:

Might help if I had more income, assuming they stop taxing 30% of it.

6. bobbo, the One Great Liberal looking forward to America going Total Socialist says:

To the OP—of course, its overstated partisan tripe.

Every position has its pros and cons, its supporters and detractors, its better and worse alternatives. Any statement after the following intro is false and the speaker should be understood as an inartful liar:

1. Everybody knows….
    2. The American People want…..
    3. Someone came up to me yesterday and said……
    4. Blah, blah do it as well…….

Ha, ha.

7. ECA says:

Its funny..
    WHAT group knows..
    HOW much money you are making..
    HOW much taxes you are paying..
    then KNOWS how much to over charge you for goods..

This group Exports about 80% of the crops grown in the USA..
    When there is a crop failure, Charges you MORE at the grocery.

TRADES SUGAR in the stock market at $0.17 then sells it to you at $0.50-0.75..and thinks thats TO HIGH..and makes CHEAP ALTERNATIVES to put into our foods.. THEN to keep the Prices on SUGAR LOW, they have an IMPORT tax on outside SUGAR coming into this country.

Would rather SHIP our wood, to CHINA, IMPORT MORE wood from canada, and CHARGE you 25% import taxes..(WHICH is against NAFTA trade agreement)

LOVES to make trade agreements with other countries, that NO ONE can see/interpret/read/diagnose or discuss…forcing the countries to acknowledge that OUR CORPS ARE BEST, and theirs SUCK.. and no one can BEAT our ideas, as we COPYRIGHT them to no one can use them for 50+ years, even tho you were sharing them for the PAST 100..

• bobbo, we think with words, and flower with ideas says:

Nicely done ECA. I can even follow it.

Slipping?

• ECA says:

I tend not to be a fast thinker…
        When I have to think fast, my fingers cant keep up and the thinking wont SLOW down..

WE in the forums have been practicing this for a couple years…

8. TripHamer says:

Settle it this way: Everyone who wants to pay more, just write a check to the government. They can even set up a website with a Paypal donate button…and a Donate All button for those generous folks.

9. MikeN says:

That’s why Americans wont sign up for Obamacare, because they would rather pay taxes to the government. Presumably that’s why Bobbo isn’t signing up for ObamaCare.

• bobbo, we think with words, and flower with ideas says:

I gots my coverage…. RIGHT here!

Actually, given I have only been sick 2 days of my life ((impacted/clogged sinus probably from an allergy to grass))… so … my entire self image is based on being invulnerable.

My plan: live free until I can’t change the tv channels by myself then break the surplus East German cyanide capsule I bought on ebay for $1.27. No sissy fruitless healthcare for me in my final 6 months.

Be a man. Kill yourself early.

• Tim says:

If you lead the way, then Vine the final six seconds to inspire the rest of us not to be cowards. And don’t forget that unfinished letter to Exxon protesting the cancellation of your gas credit card so that you may indict the system and achieve something by your death.

• bobbo, we think with words, and flower with ideas says:

“achieve something by your death…” //// Interesting/weird concept…. to “achieve” anything other than the precondition of your ….what did you call it?==thesis?

Ha, ha…… but I quibble. I have thought from time to time to make the news with my Death without Dignity call out. Most recent was to show up at the Corner’s Office and do the deed in their waiting room……..I do care about whoever finds me. That could be unnerving and I have no desire to do that.

The death scene of Robinson in Soylent Green would be my preferred way…. too civilized and caring for this free market world. DIY could come close though….

“..♫….dum, dum, dum dwiddle dee….”

• Mextli says:

Obamacare $1000 per month premium, $998 subsidy paid by tax payers, $800,000 deductible per year.

What a deal.

10. xyz says:

Reid said “The only people who feel there shouldn’t be more coming in to the federal government from the rich people are the Republicans in the Congress,” Reid told the radio host, according to Roll Call. “Everybody else, including the rich people, are willing to pay more. They want to pay more.”

Anyone who can read English should understand what Reid said meant. He did not say that American people love to pay more taxes. What he said is this: most American people, including the rich people except the Republican in the Congress think that the rich (i.e. the top 1%) should pay more taxes that they are paying now. So what Reid said is absolutely correct. The rich paid too little taxes and therefore didn’t pay their fair shares. We all know that Mitt Romney paid very low taxes using the off shore banking. Even Warrant Buffet admitted that his tax rate is even lower than that of his secretary and he is against Bush’s tax cut for the rich to continue . While Republican congress insisted to let Bush’s cut taxes for the rich to become permanent, they do everything they can to cut the social security benefit for the senior retired working class and to cut food stamps for the middle class and the poor.

So by misinterpreting Reid’s words, you prove yourself either to be a liar or blind-sighted by your own bigotry.

• Tim says:

It’s because of all those lazy blacks.

• bobbo, we think with words, and flower with ideas says:

I think all American People including Harry Reid would agree that lazy blacks deserve an extra tax, just to be fair. Taxing welfare payments could raise a huge amount of money and might even get TeaParty Support…except for that Pedge thing. We could call it the Pedro Penalty.

• Tim says:

Pedro has got free hidden asylum under my Karst-Construction Inc. ceiling any day of the week as long as he can trade mota for fish.

• MikeN says:

Well if the rich people want to pay more, why aren’t they Mr Reid. Perhaps you should inform them that they can pay more. How much more are you paying Mr Reid?

11. bobbo, we think with words, and flower with ideas says:

In a rare departure from tangential constructs, Tim favors us with an historical review and says:
    10/25/2013 at 2:34 pm

Full of sound and fury; Signifying nothing. /// Completing the tangent/allusion with a period. Good thinking.

But, that /// the precedent is too ambiguous.

is an artificial condition imposed on the vast majority so many generations past because of the false ideal of *government* /// ALL societies have “gubment.” find an island with two people on it: you got gubment. Silly to deny reality.

mostly constructed of psychopathic persons. /// Self angrandizement and feather nesting is not psychotic, just the opposite…thrusting one’s genes into the future. It is in fact Darwin at his malicious uncaring best.

It is human nature to broadcast altruism if only as an ego boost to say “look what I’ve done! Give this a try, as it might help!” —/// That is relatively a recent development. Somewhat removed was the Right of Kings by Holy Annointment. Befor that, was the power of the Sword: “because I can, and you can’t.”

Now, such gracious offerings are branded as “casting one’s pearls to swine” so much that concepts such as ‘safety nets’ are no longer comprehensible to anyone save it be enforced at gunpoint. /// Way too garbled. Sounding like a Libertarian Loser now: please don’t force healthcare, safe food, clean water and air on me. Silly.

Better stick with tangents -3-4 times removed?

Ha, ha.

12. Greg Allen says:

John Boehner tells me that the American people LOVE paying expesnive healtcare premiums and still dying broke after we get sick.

Who doesn’t?

• The Mick says:

Everything, I mean EVEYTHING I have read about this disaster indicates rates are going up, way up, under O’care. So what the fuck are you babbling about?

If you have a credible source and can prove to me that this will be a better system than I would love to see it.

• bobbo, we think with words, and flower with ideas says:

Gee, I’ve read its going up==mostly in Republican lead states that want to kill it AND I’ve read its going down in States that want to have a robust safety net like California.

See how we consciously or unconsciously FILTER our news?

Are you a filter feeder Mick? Gotta have a door stop for a brain to think just about “anything” is all good or all bad.

I wonder what you think the concept of “context” means?

….. but I dither.

• The Mick says:

Stop dithering and show me evidence. I have heard its going up in all but a couple of states, and kalifornia ain’t one of ’em.

Huff’Po doesn’t count.

Put up or shut up.

• bobbo, we think with words, and flower with ideas says:

Well–YOU made the original claim, and even now you are allowing for exceptions.

The burden to pull one’s pants up … is yours.

Post your link to anything but some blathering blog entry from another know nothing who is proud to shout his ignorance.

Go!!!!!!!

((Ha, ha===its a TRAP!!))

13. Greg Allen says:

Of course, I don’t like paying taxes.

But, I would welcome tax fairness.

Lifting the cap on Social Security would be a good start.

14. dusanmal says:

The only way out of these (Left or Right) Progressive Spenders clutches is Constitutional amendment:
    -Federal government can’t borrow anymore (equivalent it can just spend as much as it gets); Only allowed tax is a flat tax on all purchases, no exemptions, no loopholes, no refunds, no corruption – you buy it, it is taxed; This one and only tax is 18% or less, based on existing economic data that 18% of GDP is reasonable estimate of ability of the economy to carry taxation (similar like classification that certain truck can carry 10 tons – it can carry 10 tons or less…).

• Tim says:

I’d still be robbed on the hiway to pay off some lackey {hidden tax} to overlook how much was in my truck to avoid the fine {overt tax} that I must then loose work to stand around for the privelage of paying under penalty of death if its edict was not respected or actively resisted.

15. MikeN says:

“We were working in a very very nimble hyper-consumer-focused way,” explained Todd Park, the chief technology officer of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, “all fused in this kind of maelstrom of pizza, Mountain Dew, and all-nighters . . . and, you know, idealism. That kind of led to the magic that was produced.”

16. Suck on it DumDum! says:

All I’ve seen in these posting so far are a bunch of closed minded complainers. Most of them have given up whatever ability they had to think and now have nothing to fall back on but a BELIEF!

So when one of their masters like Harry Reid is shown to be the asshole the rest of us know him to be, that little revelation has to be a little soul shaking.

It’s proof positive that TRUTH HURTS! Or why else would someTHING like Bobbo feel so compelled to write so much shit?!

One thing’s for sure. All of your little minds will forget all about this story once it gets pushed down the list a ways. Because that’s what ALL religions do – they bad mouth what they see as “evil” and ignore FACTS!

• bobbo, we think with words, and flower with ideas says:

Healthcare happens to us all. No ONE cause of personal bankruptcy in USA, causes great insecurity. It becomes an issue whether you want to ignore it or not.

Not “like” other issues you so casually and errantly lump it into. You can learn to live without much in life, but without health one’s life is almost impossible to live with any meaning.

Don’t agree? Ha, ha. So much bad thinking caused by isolation brought on by one social construct/circumstance or another. The Dick Cheney is pro-gay because of his daughter. Kinda irritating with 5 heart attacks under his belt he hasn’t come to understand this basic trait common to humanity and beast alike…… HEY!!!—Software programs too.

Laugh or cry.

• jpfitz says:

Religion, get some get some.

17. deowll says:

Anyone that claims that large bloated governments give you back much more that 60% on the dollar spent is demented. The Federal government as it now stands isn’t even an efficient way to defend the nation because most of the money is wasted. The NSA for example is billions a year for what could be obtained for millions a year.

The next issue is the private sector in our nation is dying. The percentage of people in the workforce is no better than when the bungler in chief got elected. The number of people with full time jobs does not equal the number of people on welfare. The government in many states and yes the the FG is running out of other people’s money as the economy dies and spending continues to explode. Okay maybe I’m wrong in the FG running out of money after all they can always print more but the blue Collar and Middle class is running out of money fast.

I’ve heard national leaders claim with a straight face that the more people on food stamps/SNAP the better because it stimulated our economy. This is pretty much saying the nation can get rich by paying people to stay home and not work. People who say stuff like that ought to have to wear a dunce hat.

It is obvious this is becoming a socialist nation. Cuba and other nations tell you where that gets you. You can get free medical care in Cuba but the quality and quantity is limited. In China my latest information suggests that medical care isn’t exactly free if you have to cut of your own leg to live because you can’t pay for an amputation. Etc.

Why people in this generation think being owned by the government is going to cause the government to treat them well escapes me. The people who run government have always abused the bleep out of government property and they aren’t about to stop now. The you have the problem of people like the lady running Health and human services. 1. She is incompetent to a power of ten. 2. As a prow abortionist it is rather obvious that human life is not sacred to her. She didn’t care about the girl dying of cancer. 3. This government doesn’t fire people who abuse the public or are incompetent. They only fire people the suspect of not being loyal to them and the Democrat party which is now the Anti theist Socialist Workers Party.

This is what your free senior care is going to be like. You go to the nursing home and you get admitted. They stick you in a room and keep you knocked out till you die. Then they dump you in the land fill. It’s cheaper that way and somebody else can cast your vote anyway.

18. jim g says:

more proof of how out of touch with reality these politicians are.

19. indyLib says:

I’ll avoid the clever snark that passes for dialogue here (at my peril, no doubt).

Even if Reid meant something other than most here will acknowledge, he’s still out to lunch with his understanding of the problem and the policy changes that are necessary to fix them.

US Tax policy for corporations and individuals needs to return to pre-1960s levels with most deductions rolled back. Why? Because the rich have failed this country and its economy by keeping their wealth on the sidelines or worse, out of the game completely through expatriation. Our economy, that only works with the support of the federal government, relies on capital entering the market consistently through wealth creation. When wealth is subtracted from the market at current rates as income, it starves the economy. Growth need not come from greater consumption, but can come from making things better and that can only come from investment.

The capital holders have no incentive to re-invest in domestic enterprises since they can keep (through various shelters and shell corporations) their income, move it off shore, and invest it in foreign enterprises that further remove wealth from the US economy (and replace it with debt). With effective and real tax rates so historically low, income is maximized, meaning wealth is leaving the market expeditiously in search of safety or opportunity that is illusory. Expatriating wealth further erodes our economy and reinforces the behavior.

Only a change in tax policy (not just rates) can return our economy to health. When rates are high (yes, in excess of 50% progressively), it incentivizes retained earnings and investment so that it won’t be realized as taxable income. Individual high-earners (passive and active) can shelter income from taxation by investing in domestic enterprises (foreign investment gets no relief). I don’t want to use tax policy to firm up structural deficits. Overall income growth and wealth creation will fix that.

When capital sits idle and the economy is weak, we are left with a poor substitute of government spending as a stopgap. Reid is trying to justify at least that the idle rich step up and fund the government, but that isn’t good long-term policy. Channel the flow of wealth back into the economy through the private sector where real wealth gets created (and not through financial services) with tax policy. And get Harry Reid (and the Tea Party, ironically) a lesson in economics.

20. Stinger says:

“…And There Isn’t A Damn Think You Can Do To Stop Us!!”

Did Harry Reid say “Think”?

What a demented old punch-drunk circus monkey.

21. RickM says:

Harry Reid didn’t say think, the wingnut who made this up doesn’t know how to spell.

Bad Behavior has blocked 24154 access attempts in the last 7 days.