The mysterious 11-second sequence of red and blue rectangles could easily have been lost, unexplained and unappreciated among YouTube’s plethora of kittens and music videos.

But 28 minutes later Webdriver uploaded an almost identical video, and another an hour after that, and another, until eight months later – apparently happy with nearly 80,000 clips – they fell silent, with 236 hours of video to their name.

Almost all of the uploads follow the same pattern – 10 slides, each with a red rectangle, a blue rectangle and a computer-generated tone.

1. bobbo, the pragmatic existential evangelical anti-theist and junior culture critic says:

I don’t know, but I bet Andre would enjoy a few hours of it after dinner.

Why didja tag it with “extraterrestrials” when the sources are known to be hoomans?

Marching to their own dumbbeat.

• McCullough says:

Humans? Or just human-like…. hmmmmm?

• bobbo, the pragmatic existential evangelical anti-theist and junior culture critic says:

Now that you mention it, isn’t human like much better than human? That would allow for all the good stuff and less (perfection never the desired standard as who wishes for failure?) of the bad stuff.

Cherry 2000 kind of stuff.

• Tim says:

You’d totally fuck that android!!! I knew it. Funny, I always thought of you as kind of the *Lester* character…. Or, at least, the barmaid… “one hand job, $22.50…. one hemorroid massage 37.95…

• Dinner with Andre says:

No matter how many times I watch it, slide 7 always makes me laugh!

Do you agree?

Andre, only at your instigation did I try the stewed okra and that was about as tastee as your love of rectangles.

……………but out of respect for our long friendship I looked at Slide 7 …twice. The humor of its representation just escapes me as does most of your insights and ruminations and regurgitations.

Slide #8 though looks like a vagina to me. I’ve screen captured that and plan to have it made into a wall sized poster. A little joke of mine for the ex.

Food for thought.

2. Tim says:

Some say it’s like a ‘numbers station’ broadcasting instructions to bobbo.

Some say it’s like a form of stenography to hide instructions to bobbo.

Seen it before — Close Encounters of the Third Kind…

Lewis did five hours on this last week…

After that, I just concluded that someone was using the ‘webdriver’ api to automatically post a bunch of crap to youRube. bobbo, please don’t send me any of those… it IS always MP.

• McCullough says:

“Some say it’s a long-running project to communicate with our *mentor* aliens which doesn’t really include bobbo. ”

You are wrong, it’s well known that aliens have a communist bent.

• Tim says:

Yes. But, ‘communism’ in its’ pure sense and not what some tyrant says “”I live this way and all ya’ll ask me if you can grow a turnip.

• Ninety-Seven Percent Bag of Water! says:

… it’s well known that aliens have a communist bent.

And so how are these pro-communist aliens, who always have some twisted need to feel superior while curiously arguing for all things being equal, really any different than bobbo?

Maybe I misinterpreted your (McCullough) statement as if there was any difference. Hell! I’m HUMAN! But it does seem as though you’re tying to differentiate something here. So let me try and clear it up.

The thing calling itself bobbo has previously admitted that it considered itself to be a SOCIALIST! That’s no different than what Vladimir Lennon or even Joseph Stalin said. It’s really just a matter of splitting hairs between what socialists, communists or even fascists are. But very simply, they ALL have one guy at the top calling all the shots. And whoever this guy is almost always does the things he does while claiming it’s being done for the “good” of his country, society, or even his very SPECIES (often disguised as racism).

So if you ask bobbo who the next guy in charge should be then it should come as no shock that bobbo thinks it should be him. That’s because he has previously SAID SO! I won’t even go into bobbo’s clear mental disturbed aspects on that one. But you can be sure, there are some pretty big ones.

Let me also say that though America’s form of government (which was designed as a REPUBLIC) may not be all that perfect or even 180-degrees different from those socialists/communists/fascists when it comes to things like corruption, it’s still a damn sight better than giving all the power to another ADOLPH HITLER! And if you read enough of bobbo’s ranting that’s EXACTLY what he/she/it and every other mind controlled dem-ass bio-bot wants — another DICTATOR! Or in this case, some kind of alien master.

Personally, I find bobbo’s never ending comments both humorous for the occasional absurdity as well as annoying — just like Pee Wee Herman (who also “gets off” in dark public places — ///ha HA!).

• Tim says:

*webdriver torso*…

Hmm. Anagramsolver.net yeilds *roost* and *roots* for ‘torso’. ..

Which is it, bobbo? Are chickens herd animals or is humanity, as a whole, just “”I don’t know nothin’ ’bout birthin’ no babys…

I used to work on a “chicken ranch” and in 3 years moved up from chicken shit shoveler to sales. There is more pleasure in not having to deal with customers, but I HATE IT …. when the wheelbarrow falls over.

Herd.

• Tim says:

“”I HATE IT …. when the wheelbarrow falls over.

I’m sorry, I miss-ascertained your attitude toward your clients…

Thats a shitty website.

wouldn’t do webdriver torso or webdriver alone.

Missed soot, sot, rot, rots, root, sort, tor and thats before slang and abbreviations are admitted.

hmmmmm…..one definition google did give me before I lost attention was that to be an anagram it must be “perfect”. Didn’t define perfect, but if it is to use all the letters then maybe that website was opining that “webdriver torso or webdriver alone” did not have anagrams?

That makes sense. Still a shitty website though as that is the exact kind of positive report back loop that should be express. “No Known Anagrams” or “None Found” but NOT the first reaction of “nothing is happening.”

So…. shitty website…. which is it?

• Tim says:

Now where did I learn of the construct ‘anagram’???

Oh, yea. Jim Morrison — Mr Mojo risin’ …

3. No pardon for Obama's High Crimes and Misdemeaors says:

That’s the ten sides of Bobbo, two faces per letter; 11 seconds represents his highway to hell;

#Bewarebobboconditioning

“I see in those shapes and sounds, someone who would be like me if it were human.”

• Tim says:

What??

#Bring our Nigerian children to NY, so Blassio can kick them out of a charter school now! /// Thats a good one.

• Tim says:

that’s getting into a dark subject. dyncore.

• No pardon for Obama's High Crimes and Misdemeaors says:

Now you’ve gone up a notch, connecting the dots.

Blassio’s is effectively against educating minority children as is Boko Haram.

They kidnap and sell into slavery, Blassio dooms them to a life of illiteracy and slavery to the Democrat plantation if they want to continue receiving their check.

There is little practical difference to how the Democrat Plantation treats conservative blacks who dare to leave public schools and learn how to support themselves, and Boko Haram’s treatment of non Islamic blacks.

The hatred poured out upon them is practically the same, even though there is some difference in polemic as to why they must be destroyed.

You sound like Slide No 2 to me!

4. Kiwini says:

“The shapes change size and the notes change pitch. Each video appears to be unique, but the format stays the same.”

Joe Biden’s gonna be pissed…. someone has revealed his speech-writing software.

• Cap'n Kangaroo says:

So you are accusing Senator Rand Paul of pirating Biden’s software?

5. bobbo, the pragmatic existential evangelical anti-theist and junior culture critic says:

To be fair, I wondered if by definition anagram required the use of all the letters, or just some of them, without repeats of course so I went to google and searched (define anagram).

That old AI is working overtime …… but actually developing a sense of humor better than most? Heh, heh. Androids, indeed.

A La the Red-Green Show: all I have to do now is duct tape my I Phone with Suri to the top of a fleshlight, and I should be good to go?

Did you mean: nerd fame again
    Search Results

an·a·gram
    ˈanəˌgram/
    noun
    noun: anagram; plural noun: anagrams
    a word, phrase, or name formed by rearranging the letters of another, such as cinema, formed from iceman.

6. M0les says:

Steganography.

7. Love Deluxe says:

This is the stuff of which creepypasta is made.

8. orchidcup says:

This is a video that is designed to cause people to wonder what it is, thereby wasting their limited time on earth like much of the content on the internet.

Or it could be a message from a religious cult that reveals the true date of the return of Bhudda and the end of civilization and the beginning of nirvana on earth.

Or it is a signal from the New World Order to begin the process of eliminating most of the population of earth.

Or it is simply art. It is what you think it is.

9. Sounds look Vodoo science to me or perhaps some Mexican shaman

10. MikeN says:

It’s a test to find the best codebreakers. I won’t tell you the address it tells you to go for the next step.

11. IM75 says:

I’m surprised that nobody seems to have sensed the connection of these video clips with the two major political parties together with obvious size and spacial relationships of ….
    What’s with you people?

• Ninety-Seven Percent Bag of Water! says:

You get that from some annoying “red” and “blue” shapes irritating your ears?

Ya! I can see why you say that.

;-)

12. sargasso_c says:

Very, Manchurian Candidate.

13. deowll says:

This sound track was as joyous as having a firealarm blown in your ear.

14. pedro says:

I thought you took the clip from the bobbo’s youtube channel. They make as much sense as his posts and serve the same purpose: nonsensical noise

Oh Pedro. You say my posts make no sense, yet you respond to them. Not very well or with any insight or reason d’etre, but we often blame others for our own barely perceived short comings. Can you sense at all, like a flat worm to the morning sun that others do respond… even on point, even to expand on the chosen subject?

I didn’t think so.

But I post today to free associate with an email I sent to a friend of mine regarding AGW and the show on it that Moyers and Company had last night with David Suzuki and then later a segment on John Olivers Week in Review…… and then later the opening comedy stylings of Morning Joe.

Yes…. I think the recognition of AGW is coming. But sadly…. all too late. Evidently there is some newly discovered “plug” at the Poles or Greenland that is stopping a huge ice cube from slinging off the land and raising the sea level overnight by 13 feet. Not the “general concern” about such a possibility that has long been recognized, but the actual spot that is subject to the concern. More to come on that. Imagine at any time the oceans goin up 13 feet? What would be the fallout of that??? Everyone watches “World without People” right?

We are doomed.

Morning Joe whats his name likes to be the “reasonable Puke” and this morning he proclaimed that Rubio’s science denying position was wrong. HE believes in global warming and that “people play some role in it.”….. but …. he is not going to destroy millions of jobs just because Algore went too far.

What does that all mean? That Joe treats/understands SCIENCE as if it were a political matter. Just as dumb as Rubio, maybe worse. Rubio might be teachable, Joe is not.

So, we are all doomed. I don’t think there is much anyone can do about it now. Any optimistic position on it like David Suzuki’s is based on a world wide agreement it is happening ((just open your eyes and shut your political trap)) and concerted group action THAT HURTS is taken. What are we in fact doing?===>just the opposite to make it all worse.

Obama said AGW is happening. So…. why wait on denying the Alberta Tar Sands pipeline??? We already MUST LEAVE 70% OF KNOWN RESERVES of coal and gas in the ground or we will cause a mass extinction. Why dig up and burn the dirtiest of the dirty?

While we can’t do anything to avoid our cut throat, I do find some comfort in knowing the truth of the matter.

Small comfort, in fact no comfort, but thats all there is.

HAH!!!! I’ll take a page from Joe: if AGW is true, WHY oh WHY aren’t the scientists screaming like raped bitches? Big Brained lizard driven apes? No more comfortable with lag time than I am??????

Yea verily.

• pedro says:

I like this rants of yours better in 20 seconds video form

You make flat worms look intelligent.

• pedro says:

Coming from you, that’s a great compliment. Now go get your meds so we can have a rest from you in here.

Say Pedro: How do you make a flatworm say “What?”

15. Rainman says:

I’d tell you what it means, but I just dropped 498 toothpicks on the floor and it’s time for Wapner.

Where are my fish sticks? Six please.

16. bobbo, the pragmatic existential evangelical anti-theist and junior culture critic says:

Dvorak Uncensored: One weak post in FOUR days.

Why such lack of interest????

Whats going on?

Whats not going on is readily apparent….. so what’s keeping this blog from posting at least one relevant issue per day?

What is it?

I know Pedro’s donkey has worms, but surely that isn’t it?

What has captured your attention?

• pedro says:

Could it be because you have hijacked the blog? Food for thought!

Could well be Pedro. Lets run a scientific test and see if people can post when there has been nothing new on the forum for 4-6-8-10 days? THEN, post something (or 2-3 somethings) every day and see if people develop a habit of stopping by to see if I have shut up yet?

I say more people will post.

What do you think Pedro?

• pedro says:

I think your just full of the same substance the people answering the gluten question on Jimmy Kimmel are

17. Rich says:

Here’s a thought- download that video, rip the audio track and load it into Audacity, and take a look at the waveform. The tones sound pretty pure (narrow-band) and shift up and down in frequency, so plot the frequency of each and see if that number sequence means anything (2kHz, 1kHZ, 4 kHz etc.) .

18. dexton7 says:

Either it is a grid cipher with the tones being a secondary cipher key.. or the guy is nuts or took too much lsd.

19. dexton7 says:

Typically a grid cipher will look like this –>

Although there could be cipher algorithms that use grouped block patterns that translate into something. Or the guy is nuts. ^_-

20. Glenn E. says:

What this is, it reminds me of the 1968 movie “Sebastian”. Specifically the part were this UK code breaking expert is called upon to crack a Soviet spy satellite’s strange sounding jumble of noises, as a secret telemetry code. But of course it’s just a movie. So the sounds were completely random and meaningless.

And that’s what I think may be going on here. Either these video clips are part of an elaborate code. And you can bet the NSA has taken a hard look at them. Or it’s just brain teasing nonsense. That’s meant for fun, or to tweak the noses of those who would take it too seriously. Perhaps the YouTube version of the Numbers Stations’ transmissions.