“I was trained as a spy in sort of the traditional sense of the word in that I lived and worked undercover overseas, pretending to work in a job that I’m not, and even being assigned a name that was not mine,” Snowden said.

“So when [critics] say I’m a low-level systems administrator, that I don’t know what I’m talking about, I’d say it’s somewhat misleading,” he added.

National Security Advisor Susan Rice said in a CNN interview Wednesday that Snowden never worked undercover. “No,” she said flatly when asked if he was ever a spy.

Hmmm… If Susan Rice is right (she wouldn’t lie, would she?), then maybe Snowden was a spy in the Maxwell Smart sense — he played one on TV. After all, the TSA would have found the phone in his shoe, assuming they weren’t distracted by a 90 year old’s oversized shampoo bottle.

Here’s more interview stuff.

1. pedro says:

What a nauseating POS interview that was. Snowden couldn’t be more full of it.

I mean, he couldn’t go to cuba because the US government suspended his passport? Why? Because cuba wouldn’t allow in someone whom the US canceled the passport? Please!

Then, when he was listing the things the NSA was able to intercept… I was like “because the NSA is the only one able to do those things; have you ever heard of Google?” The only difference between say, Google and the NSA is the bigger and easier possibility at sniffing packets and get data and Google’s main source of data is how big of a sheeple the LCD is; other than that, they’re basically the same in my book. Heck, Google can’t stand a whisper in the ear from any government to give the data away.

Yes, the NSA is the devil but this Snowden fella is someone’s shill

• Tim says:

“”I mean, he couldn’t go to cuba because the US government suspended his passport? Why?

IDK, pedro. It is probably because those who fund to mold the initiates find it inconvienient that gousa runs a torture-tour there {with a gocart track, at that}??

• Code Talker says:

WTF?? Is that last sentence spy code?

Please interpret (unless it really is secret code).

• Tim says:

If I told you… I’d have to stomp y’ur cat. I’m down with that, the supreems gonna give me a pass…

• DonW says:

Why would Cuba not let him in?

My guess…

a. Why get involved with the accused in a high profile case with the US government.

b. If Snowden spied on the USA he might spy on Cuba. Who needs that?

• pedro says:

Wrong on both counts. Cuba conspired to bring him into their frontier, it just didn’t happen.

But for him, is a much better propaganda to say he couldn’t go there because the US “revoked my passport”. Pure BS

2. fw says:

“I was trained as a spy in sort of the traditional sense of the word in that I lived and worked undercover overseas”
    And her response to the qestion:-if he was ever a spy.
    May both be true.
    Like a spy, and traind as one “sort of” a spy, do not make a spy job.
    Still, I do dubt many care one way or the other, people feel what they feel based on their convictions, already.

• Tim says:

Don’t worry, fw. I’ll still fuck your brains out, if that is amienable to you. I’m in pedro’s book of negative assets what may supplant/delay the downthrow of american pot-smoking rednecks, call me.

• pedro says:

Most likely he got the same spy training Chevy Chase & Dan Aykroyd got

• Tim says:

So, pedro; In their stead, do you choose the glass of water or the big gun??

3. Dave Phillips says:

You are not going to hear the truth from any government worker with a high level security clearance sworn to secrecy. That is anybody who knows anything about Snowden’s work has to keep his or her trap shut or be prosecuted for releasing classified info.
    So we must be skeptical about anything anybody says on the subject.

• the EU says:

it’s not really that complicated. The dude’s boss was a greasy tool that spluged on my carpet and then tried to blame it on global warming…

4. SPOCK says:

forget what snowden has done, or whether you think it matters. remember the days of him being this heroic guy who did the right thing, and sacrificed a lucrative job to expose the truth? now he is a modest man exile, living in russia. but is he really? i’m willing to bet he’ll end up more wealthy than anyone could imagine. greenwald running with the story, milking it, making deals, etc. i wonder how edward is paying the bills as we speak. is he slumming it with cheap vodka, severe depression, and a bleak future? or maybe, he’s chilling in plush digs in a ritzy neighborhood? what types of friends does he have? what does he do for fun? does he walk alone in the park? or does he employ heavy security? it all has a cost, and the story continues to take turns. the myth of the character is is larger than the sum of his deeds.

• Tim says:

You are not a big fan of altruism, are you SPOCK?? I only ask because you only sacrificed after the department of energy offered for your family to work at bobbo’s house…

5. observer says:

I don’t know how much I believe what Snowden says, but I’m absolutely certain that the US government will not tell the truth.

6. t0llyb0ng says:

Mr. Rodger was schizophrenic.  Which is an archaic word now & hopelessly over-broad.  He was “paranoid” to the extent he thought “sluts” were thinking about him.  They were not.

His so-called psychiatrist is hopelessly overbooked & Mr. Rodger fell through the cracks.  The misdiagnosis was epic & the “medication” inappropriate.  End of story.

Here’s a silly rhyme:

Vulvars be lubricatiously exudatious
    whilst peniles be protuberatiously insinuatious

7. Mother May I says:

WHO GIVES A FUCK?! Edward Snowden, Julian Assange or SANTA CLAUSE! It doesn’t matter since the cat is now out of the bag on yet one more governmental over reach of power. Can’t anyone stay FOCUSED here?!

All Snowden did was provide a mountain of EVIDENCE that happened to piss off a few powerful people who, at the very least, sympathize with communist/fascist doctrine. And this act of stealing their secrets simply exposed them for the power hungry hypocritical foolish assholes that they are. If you paid any attention to any of it you might even realize that this whole malaise of “he-said-she-said” has almost nothing to do with any of those secrets as it does with how those secrets were aggregated.

Face it. You too might be a little pissed off if some crazy person stole your best (Harry Potter) scepter. But let’s not focus on the scepter nor the fact that having one in a free society is a reprehensible thing. If you’re a member of the main stream press you’ll focus on the crazy person — because that’s what sells!

Thanks Eddie. You can go back to your James Bond wannabe lifestyle now (or sucking Putins [noun] or whatever).

All this interview did was help illustrate how yet one more idiot reporter was simply looking to make a buck off yesterday’s news and possibly try to stuff that cat back in the bag. It’s not like very many reporters are out there trying to VERIFY FACTS or anything.

A more conspiracy-minded person might even think this was an attempt to redirect attention from all the ongoing net neutrality issues and the FCC! (Hello Dvorak? WTF dude?!) Either way, it has no one reading the Constitution nor bringing things like HUMAN RIGHTS into the conversation.

What I want to know is, whatever happened to real investigative journalism? Any more, it all seems so tabloid, sleazy and geared towards sensationalism that I can’t hardly use a printed version of this dribble to line a bird cage with without puking! American journalism is so bad that it makes 1950′s Russian journalism look more credible.

No wonder Snowden left America — HE HAD NO CHOICE! That’s your story. American LAW has deteriorated to the point where things like the CONSTITUTION have no bearing and where “whistle blowers” like Snowden can’t even have a fair trial — not even in the press!

• LibertyLover says:

Bingo! You hit it right on the head. Whether you like him or not, whether he is guilty or not, that is all irrelevant. His only choice was to leave. That is the really sad part of this whole thing.

• pedro says:

“All Snowden did was provide a mountain of EVIDENCE that happened to piss off a few powerful people who, at the very least, sympathize with communist/fascist doctrine.”

And he sought refuge in the very democratic Russia, upset for being unable to get to the lighthouse of democracy called cuba. Gimmie a break!!

8. cousin ernie says:

Anyone here actually care to watch the interview instead of reading secondhand quotes from pundits?

9. MikeN says:

So where was he posted? Could this be related to the ‘accidental’ outing of the station chief in Afghanistan?

10. Tom says:

Sorry, but I don’t trust Susan Rice farther than I can throw her!
    Snowden performed a valuable public and patriotic service that will only become more apparent as the years pass!

11. orchidcup says:

The people that know the truth are lying to us.

Now we must determine which is which.

Good luck with that.

12. pedro says:

And, as if we needed further proof of how much BS filled Snowden is, commie diva Oliver Stoned will make a movie about him

13. deowll says:

One of the things to remember about Snowden is he’s a high school drop out who was hired ASAP by the government. That strongly suggests that he’s about as intelligent as any of us times two or three. I expect he’ll at least survive. Not sure how happy he’s going to be about what this cost him personally.