Got a text spam today. Decided to try to tack them down. This is the spam:

Last 1 hr Left to Activate Your 70% Off Custom Animated Video Deal. Click Here http://eel.nu/5Z0l/t9MTE to Activate Now & Grow Your Sales by 1000%. Reply STOPRM to Remove

I sent the link to my computer by forwarding the text message to my email account and tracked it to 29designs.us. Did a whois lookup on them and found the perp.

Domain Name: 29DESIGNS.US
Domain ID: D58740175-US
Sponsoring Registrar: eNom, Inc.
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 48
Registrar URL (registration services): whois.enom.com
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registrant ID: B22AA2A214547A8E
Registrant Name: Mildred Smith
Registrant Organization: Mikro Designs
Registrant Address1: 2176 White Avenue
Registrant City: Corpus Christi
Registrant State/Province: TX
Registrant Postal Code: 78476
Registrant Country: United States
Registrant Country Code: US
Registrant Phone Number: +1.2813783479
Registrant Email: mildredsmith277@gmail.com

I wonder if exposing them will make them want to stop? Suggestions?

1. Number Please says:

Mildred will probably call you back around 2 am.

2. Ah_Yea says:

I would like to know how Mildred got your number. Is your cell service selling your information? Maybe robotexting?

3. Keep Up The Good Work says:

Well Perkel, with your last three posts I think you’ve created Fido and Bobbo repellent!

(unless they’re on Spring Break in some “no internet allowed” private resort.)

• pedro says:

Now you’ve done it. You just summoned the idiocy!!

• Hmeyers says:

The real problem with Trump from a partisan Democrat standpoint is that Trump acquired the best pieces of Bernie Sander’s platform.

1) Fix NAFTA
      2) Gun rights (Bernie was pro-2nd amendment)
      3) Curtail illegal immigration because it suppresses wages, especially for those without college degrees.
      4) I hope Trump keeps his promise on H1B visas, I think it is on the backburner but hope it will happen.

Partisan Democrats are Democrats without concern for any specific issues and only bring anger to the table.

Trump also exposes the Republicans, because Trump isn’t aligned with any of the what the Republican platform is supposed to be (Free trade? No. Against entitlements? No. Against gay marriage? Condoms? No.)

Democrat rage against Trump is because he took the issues that Democrats talk about and are supposed to do something about and made them his own like NAFTA.

So the Republicans are co-opted. And the Democrats have a big fat nothing-burger for a platform.

• David K. says:

I came to the site from my RSS reader to see if this topic would get threadjacked towards Trump. Was not disappointed. Well, yes, I’m disappointed, but I’m not surprised.

• NewFormatSux says:

Did he really make a promise on H1Bs? It won’t matter because they are going to give green cards for STEM degrees. You have the same increase in job seekers, only this time they can go from company to company.

4. Hmeyers says:

“I wonder if exposing them will make them want to stop? Suggestions?”

Doesn’t seem likely unless you involve the Better Business Bureau or something to that effect.

If they are making money doing it, they will continue doing it you would think unless possible legal action is breathing down their neck.

5. bobbo, the truth has a liberal bias says:

I took my hotmail account off my smart phone. Saves Batteries. Home and work computer for email. Phone is for “me.”

6. bobbo, the truth has a liberal bias says:

Mildred Smith?

I just noticed and made me laugh. I vision a kiddie in the basement (Ok…not all that likely in Corpus Christy…. lets go with the attic?) throwing his mom or g-maw under the bus should the feds ever come looking. Smith is usually an alias though. Now, I wonder just how imaginative the kiddie is.

7. pedro says:

You should sue the company that sent you the spam on the basis that it could have potentially triggered a seizure.

• Zoot Suit says:

Sue on the basis you’re on the “do not call” (unless you’re a low life) list.

Or better yet! Sue the govt. agency that’s supposed to be protecting you from these low-life spamming assholes. I think we’ve all paid enough “protection” TAXES for it. Damn time they earn their money — or — GIVE IT BACK!

8. endigo says:

Spammers buy dozens of domains every day. Mildred (if that is the correct name) is just the name and address used by the spammers that day. The best way to verify this is that the domain was probably registered with 72 hours of you receiving the spam.

9. Bored at Home says:

Here’s a little “spam” for you left leaning lunatics:

… Truth hurts. Deal with it.

10. Corpus Native says:

I’m from Corpus and there is no such address in the city.

11. SquallMano says:

Can you feed them their own number so that they end up spamming themselves somehow?

Bad Behavior has blocked 5711 access attempts in the last 7 days.