You will see over the next months a lot of talk about McCain as a hero and a maverick. But for now I want to talk about medical. McCain has a nasty brain cancer, a glioblastoma, that spreads fast. His odds are not good and between the chemo and the radiation treatments the amount of normal life he has left is probably not much.

Oddly enough, if my cancer treatment works, and it will be 5 weeks before I get that answer, it would have probably worked for McCain too. And that’s another discussion.

But what really counts is that McCain is a yes vote for Trumpcare and if McCain were an ordinary person and Obamacare were repealed McCain would be denied care. So while McCain gets the second best treatment available, he would vote to take that away from the rest of us. America might be better off if McCain doesn’t make it.

I would ask the question, is McCain’s like worth the damage he will do to America in the future? Is his life worth more than those who will die from being denied health care? That’s worth a conversation.

1. NewFormatSux says:

You have it backwards. Mccain wuld be denied care with ObamaCare death panels when the IPAB is fully implemented. So controversial, they put in special provisions declaring this cannot be repealed like all other laws. Architect of ObamaCare Ezekiel declared no care for people over 75. You are just 15 years away, and would likely be affected by IPAB if HillaryCare had passed. Obama himself complained that too much money is spent on the last six years of life. Would expensive cancer treatments to 60 year olds be worth the cost of providing less care to others?

2. bobbo, we think with words and flower with ideas says:

You come real close. But McCain is not THE issue. Rather, he is just an example of the the issue: ALL TRUMPCARE VOTERS are doing the same thing.

Its across the board though, just varying by degree. The greatest show on Earth: 435 +100 + 2 Ass hats pretending to “work” for America when its just a huge Ponzi scheme to transfer money to themselves, either directly or thru pay offs from the AlreadyTooRich.

………and all with the help of idiots wanting to deflect the issues to Obamacare.

OBAMACARE WORKS…………….. where dumbo’s are in charge and actually want it to work. It doesn’t work where PUKES continue their 8 year effort to destroy Obama, regardless of what it does to the country.

Ass……………….. Hats. Republican “leadership” the worst of all.

• Dr. No says:

Are you paranoid? You rarely get things right any more. And you’re getting worse. But maybe a Ponzi scheme is in the works. Explain please.

Brain diarrhea?

BTW, Obama is irrelevant. And every single day, libs try to destroy Trump, “regardless of what it does to the country.”

• bobbo, we think with words and flower with ideas says:

My reference to Ponzi scheme is to our economics as a whole with the growing National Debt….which like a Ponzi scheme is giving unwarranted benefits to current beneficiaries that will ultimately fail to be provided to future beneficiaries….either by cuts in benefits or high inflation…… just like always.

Nothing paranoid about it. Sure that is the right concept you are thinking of?

3. Glenn says:

Obamacare Fails in that it prices out the people who pay for those that are on it. The middle class Taxpayer. Health care insurance alone takes 30% of my total income, how much does it take of yours bobbo?

• bobbo, we think with words and flower with ideas says:

Glenn: can you identify specifically how it is you pay so much? Do you have any idea what it would be without Obamacare??

ALL TO THE POINT: everyone would get better and cheaper healthcare if we went single payer====>just like the rest of the freaking world.

I have no problem with my percent. It means nothing, but if you answer above and ask again, I’ll give it.

• MikeN says:

We were told ObamaCare would make health care better and cheaper. Now that that lie has been revealed, they come back with a new lie that you need single payer to make things better. Making things worse to try and sell single payer was the plan all along.

• Glenn says:

Fair enough.

I have no idea what it would be without O’care. Before O’care it was $900/mth for both my wife and I. It is now $2400,00/mth. And we are two healthy people in our early 60’s who have very few health issues.

We have a combined income of 90K, but that is a variable as I am a small business owner.

Penalizing people like myself, who pay the bulk of the taxes, isn’t going to work in the long run. There comes a point when we will just give up, go on welfare and take the handout, and not have to bust our ass for a living. Nobody will win.

Thats Socialism in a nutshell.

• bobbo, we think with words and flower with ideas says:

I have no idea what it would be without O’care. /// Isn’t that the lynchpin of your entire position? The key concept to recognize is that in the USA we apply a “market model” to healthcare when it is not a proper subject for market regulation…..iow: free market principles do not apply to healthcare. In such a market….. the rich would get care, the rest of us would not because it is too expensive even for the simplest of care….. which by the way, in a free market would not be subjected to the regulated monopoly by Doctors. As is so often the case, many of the relevant issues are CAUSED BY governmental interference/regulations and then not fixed because that would be socialism….just as you show.

And we are two healthy people in our early 60’s who have very few health issues. //// The whole “mechanism” of insurance is that you are rated by the group you fall into. You are on the leading edge of the group that gets sick. You “should be” paying the most according to free market principles. Do you really think you should be paying the same as when you were 21? So….blame Father Time and the Free Market Model…not Obama. Ha, ha.===> and definitely don’t blame SOCIALISM, which would actually be the solution to your issue. Works in all the rest of the world. Why not America????????? You have your mantra, but not an answer.

So I am curious as to what percentage of your total income do you pay Obamacare? /// As a Vet, I pay zero for coverage. Minor copays for visits and medicine. I LIKE THE SOCIALIST CARE the VA gives me. I assume I am getting only what I need, and not anything to make the doctor rich. The waits are longer than I would like….Pros and Cons to all we do.

Nobody will win. /// Wrong. Its For Profit Hospitals and stockholders and Big Pharma and Medical Groups that have been winning under this system since MediCare was instituted.

Thats Socialism in a nutshell./// No. Its capitalism. Wake up.

• bobbo, we think with words and flower with ideas says:

Glenn: this should go without saying but since you are whining about socialism and Obamacare……….you do FULLY RECOGNIZE the pre-Obama history and the current Republican Ryan/TrumpCare provisions are all more expensive to you just because they are “NOT SOCIALIST” in nature?…..ie: forcing you into that free market system where old people do pay more than everyone else?

In Obamacare I think the socialist rule is oldsters pay up to 3 times what the kiddies pay. Under Ryan…I think originally it was changed to up to 7 times more since modified back to 5 times?

Old people cost more………as a group……. regardless of “the few” medical issues you have now. Insurance is about your GROUP RATING………FOR THE FUTURE.

And the gripe is our kiddies at 1/7th, 1/5th, 1/3 the cost of oldsters for the same coverage are being ripped off because in essence, as a group, they don’t use health care. Other than car accidents and preggers…what do young people generall need?…….except happy hour and condoms?

I do wonder……..in a perfect system……what “should” people pay at different stages in their life for healthcare? for food……shelter…clothing…education for their kiddies? and what not……….as a hard dollar/as a percentage. Some items should go up, some down, some stay the same.

Appreciate the reality.

• A man for all seasons says:

“what do young people generally need?…….except happy hour and condoms?”

Alcohol and drug rehab. STD treatments. Transgender health care (whatever that means). Sports related medicine and rehab. And numerous trips to the ER for stupid behavior. Big bucks.

The less you pay, the more you’re apt to use it. Why not? It’s practically free.

VA is free, right? Imagine how great that will be if they get their quality act together. Medical care paradise for the lucky uninjured vets.

A 60-year old has been paying into health care 3 times as long as a 20-year old. Now when they need it, none of that counts.

And so it goes.

• NewFormatSux says:

Bobbo reality, 900 to 2400 per month with ObamaCare, and the problem is not ObamaCare. It would have been higher without it!

• bobbo, we think with words and flower with ideas says:

nfs: I see you are commenting but can’t tell what you mean to convey.

but……yes….. healthcare has gone up faster than inflation for the past 50 years. Everyone can “blame” the current, ex, or future President……or anything else they wish as such blame is all lack of understanding any of the basic issues and is just scapegoating.

• Whaaa? says:

“In early 60s and very few health issues…”

How many do you need?

I have no idea of your income or the person your questioning, but your x% might be less than his y% in terms of ‘being punished’. You know? The idea of regressive taxes?

Honestly, your not going to quit your job and go on welfare…unless misfortune comes your way, then you’ll sing a different tune…but you have most likely have been given more than your acknowledging. Seriously? You no doubt believe your hard working but how much of the hardest work has been done for you? Soldiers, cops, even the sanitation workers keep your business viable. Others helping you to help yourself ->Socialism in a nutshell. (I fixed that for you. Your welcome.)

4. Left to the Right says:

Health care costs too much and continues to go up BECAUSE of Obamacare. But here’s the thing that the DUMB-AS-CRAPS and other STUPID PEOPLE don’t seem to understand or don’t want to acknowledge (probably because they might have to admit their fundamental philosophy on government is all wrong): OBAMACARE IS MASSIVELY ACCELERATING THE BANKRUPTING OF AMERICA!!!

Not that our “military industrial complex” and many other stupid expenditures like war on drugs, etc. aren’t ALREADY bankrupting the nation. Obamacare ALONE has more than DOUBLED the bankrupting process!

And Yes! Obamacare is good and plenty of people are finally getting the health care they need. But Obamacare is COSTING a lot MORE people too much MONEY!!!

Obamacare is also a very good example of how it’s fundamentally WRONG to make someone PAY money for someone ELSE — that’s called SOCIALISM!!! And it’s something that the Republican’s are philosophically AGAINST! It’s even MORE wrong to give this “wealth-mixing” power to the ultra elite RICH insurance companies (which you almost never hear ANYONE even talk about).

… And what do the DUMB-AS-CRAPS do in the face of this bankrupting process? That’s right! They INCREASE TAXES and authorize the Federal Reserve (a PRIVATE organization) to print more Monopoly money that sooner or later the REAL creditors of America — mostly, the CHINESE — are eventually going to want to convert into gold or some other commodity, like SLAVES! (Don’t worry. YOU and I can’t get actual gold or human cattle for our paper fluff, but that doesn’t mean GOVERNMENTS don’t.)

All these “money grubbing” Republicans are trying to do is slow or STOP the bankrupting process! What Republican’s keep getting wrong is HOW to do it. For example, Republican’s will cut bullshit little programs like Planned Parenthood, or even NASA which hardly even register on the budgetary radar while INCREASING massive funding for more military crap and other pet projects. But here’s where it gets tricky: you can’t argue that business owners shouldn’t get to keep what they EARN! And if those “business owners” happen to be members of the ultra elite “rich” then that does seem to be a problem — which I say, bring back Teddy Roosevelt and his trust busting, or maybe… give Donald Trump a shot to “drain the swamp.”

• bobbo, we think with words and flower with ideas says:

Healthcare costs have been going up faster than inflation for the past 30 years. That includes OBAMA….as well before…and now after.

Its caused by greedy for profit medicine interests.

Wise Up.

• Hmeyers says:

I think we should spend $5 million on every 80-year old man on the death bed with brain cancer.

I think this money should prioritized ahead of funding higher education, ahead of the military and ahead of welfare and Medicaid payments.

In fact, I think while he’s on the operating table, if he needs a new kidney, this should be prioritized ahead ahead of little kids that need organs.

If there loads of terminal patients who are 80-years old and they served the country, we should spend 10s of billions on their last 3 months of life.

And I’m completely fine with that, since it takes money away from other resources.

• bobbo, we think with words and flower with ideas says:

I also very much support the concept of Death Panels.

It only makes sense.

• NewFormatSux says:

So would Marc Perkel pass your death panels? More than 60 years old, needing cancer treatment, or would you recommend he take the suicide pills?(paid for by the government of course)

• bobbo, we think with words and flower with ideas says:

nfs: its all about how much $$ the system has available to spend.

Old people with cancer are low on the list so Marc would be “at risk” … eventually.

Its simple reality.

5. MarcoB says:

We can’t waste time thinking about Mr. McCain issue, because politicians use their own WeAreBetterPeopleHealthCare.

Since we are talking about IA, and how it has to be controlled before it can evolve and kill us. I would love to feed IBM Watson with how health care was before and after Obamacare. See if can come up with a health care system that could really help people since humans are corrupt and can’t do that.

6. Mr Diesel - Libertarian says:

I’m old enough to know that when I get to the point where I’m a burden to my family or society I’m taking the Soylent Green way out.

• bobbo, we think with words and flower with ideas says:

Really? When you find such a service…..buy two tickets.

I’ll gladly reimburse you next Wednesday.

• spsffan says:

It’s easy enough. Go to Yosemite, plug in your ear buds to the music of your choice, lay down in the meadow, swallow a bottle of Tylenol. Wait.

• bobbo, we think with words and flower with ideas says:

For grins, I googled. Tylenol OD would not be my way. Too easy to throw up and be left with painful liver disease.

I post because California just passed a physician assisted suicide bill where docs are allowed to prescribe death drugs. Haven’t come across yet what they are using…….but I doubt its Tylenol.

I don’t like the idea of leaving my body around for others to find. No dignity. Thats why I’m for the Soylent Green solution.

Still a few years left for that all to be figured out……..or not…….as No Death Panel = No Hope.

• Mr Diesel - Libertarian says:

No problem bobbo, I’d be happy to front you the money.

7. Mr Diesel - Libertarian says:

But of course.

Please use English.

8. kerpow69 says:

How would he be denied health care because of no insurance? Do you realize that health insurance is not health care? My God, you act as if health care didn’t exist until insurance companies invented it. They just made it unaffordable by introducing a profit scheme to health care.

• bobbo, we think with words and flower with ideas says:

Dying from cancer is NOT an emergency, so if you can’t pay for your care up front, you won’t get healthcare, except for the terminal event of whatever stops working and then you qualify to be kept unconscious on a respirator for another six months.

Makes sense doesn’t it?

Hence: insurance.

9. NewFormatSux says:

>and if McCain were an ordinary person and Obamacare were repealed McCain would be denied care.

The Phoenix clinic doesn’t accept any ObamaCare plans. McCain is only allowed to go there(other than paying out of pocket) because Congress got an illegal exemption, where they are enrolled in the small business exchange, another of Obama’s illegal actions.

10. Hope you’re doing good, I want to mention one another thing,
    we are supporting the cause to remove Thalassemia .
    We provide free blood to needy. I hope you support our cause too..!!

Bad Behavior has blocked 18557 access attempts in the last 7 days.