For all you Star Trek fans who watched Star Trek Discovery and think Star Trek is dead, the new series The Orville is the new Star Trek. I’ve watched 5 epasodes and I love it. It’s very Trek like but had some adult humor. star Trek Discovery is a loser. Discovery is really really bad.

1. bobbo, the culture critic embarassed he's not reading a book says:

Thank you.

2. bobbo, the culture critic embarassed he's not reading a book says:

Well, episode six tonight “The Krill” was very Star Trek: totally stupid. Krill going to kill a planet full of people but Orville doesn’t want to blow up the Krill ship because there are 12 Krill kiddies on board. His solution?=—save the planet, kill all the Krill except the kiddies, let them run the Krill ship on their own?

Ha, ha…………….so very Star Trek. The opening scene was worth the entire show. At least Kirk would have tried to have sex with the lizard babe.

……………I like it.

3. Zombie says:

Disagree. The new Star Trek is fantastic. It’s movie quality every episode so far (first 4). I loathe that I have to watch it on the cbs app, although it does look good on Apple TV. I hate cbs for it. I was hoping it would suck, but I’m keeping the subscription just for the one show. It’s that good, so far.

I do agree, Orville is good too and is basically Star Trek with a few jokes.

• bobbo, the culture critic embarassed he's not reading a book says:

………always good to find something you like.

The TV market does seem to be fracturing….every original content provider wanting their own subscriptions. its going to force everyone to android.

• JCjr says:

Star Trek: Black Lives Matter.

-or-

Star Trek: The Next Genderation.

4. Ah_Yea says:

The Orville is exactly what happens when you diss the entire Star Trek fanbase.

No fan productions over 15 minutes, cannot use “Star Trek” insignias, clothing, etc. What a mess.

Paramount screwed themselves royally.

5. jpfitz says:

It’s turning late night Friday the 13th, I just watched Or-ville trailer from above with the sound muted. Looks very funny, I hope it’s a comedy. Seth McFarland, Duh.

6. MikeN says:

Galaxy Quest is very good.

7. MikeN says:

If Orville is the new Star Trek, then Star Trek is a joke.

8. MikeN says:

Seth MacFarlane knew about Harvey Weinstein years ago, and joked about it at the Oscars.

9. Mr Diesel - Libertarian says:

I mentioned that I liked it in the other thread about Discovery but also mentioned that Andromeda was coming out on Comet TV but the post was deleted.

Gene Roddenberry also made Andromeda and Earth: Final Conflict.

10. bullet force says:

Discovery is really really bad.

11. Mr Diesel - Libertarian says:

I just watched the Krill episode last night. They worship the god of Avis.

The jokes practically wrote themselves.

Bad Behavior has blocked 25006 access attempts in the last 7 days.