Canada is one step closer to the accidental legalization of cannibalism after the House of Commons passed a typo-ridden Bill C-45, formerly known as The Cannabis Act.

“I think no one wanted to be the one to point out the error,” MP Sara Anderson said. “We all thought someone else would do it, and then they called the vote, and here we are, all voting to legalize cannibalism.”

Har!

1. Weirdhk says:

Well if you turn 36 million Canadians into legal Cannibals,
    We can start by just EATING TRUMP for you? And pickup
    the stragler for dessert…. just bring the BEER EH?

2. Mike says:

A mistake, yea right!
    I think this was just a proof of concept- The can put anything into a Bill and get it passed.

3. bobbo, the culture critic embarassed he's not reading a book says:

The first draft legalized canal boats………

4. spsffan says:

Reduce the surplus population!

5. Marc Perkel says:

2 cannibals are having Christmas dinner. One says, “I really dislike my mother-in-law”. The other replies, “Well then — just eat the rice.”

• ± says:

Two cannibals were having lunch. “Your wife makes a great soup,” said one to the other. “Yes!” agreed the first. “But I m going to miss her terribly.”

6. Glenn E. says:

I’m doubtful this typo is really a mistake. Perhaps it’s a way to “slip in” just the sort of legislation the wealthy have always wanted. A legal way to dine on the poor or middle class. They’ll be doing it anyway, someday. When all the regular food crops fail.

It’s the beginning of Soylent Green. First legalize recycling people as an ingredient. Why waste the proteins, by burying them? But only tell the wealthy about it. So the soon-to-be ingredients, don’t riot.

7. Just a guy from Canada says:

The Beaverton is a satire site like the onion.

Bad Behavior has blocked 14363 access attempts in the last 7 days.