Megan Meier’s Mom

Megan Had It Coming: I’m Lori Drew — For anyone who has managed to follow the rather weird story about the girl who killed herself over a MySpace hoax, here is the backstory. It’s actually incredible and wholly believable if you’ve ever known any bi-polar people.

EXCERPTS:

I’m Lori Drew

It’s time I dropped the charade. Yes, I made this blog. Yes, I’m Lori Drew.

My daughter had nothing to do with this. Everyone needs to leave her alone. None of you can possibly know her involvement, and none of you can possibly know what she’s gone through. She’s just a kid. She doesn’t deserve these brutal verbal attacks. Please stop.

Now that Mr. Banas has made public the announcement that there will be no charges filed against me or my family, I feel it is time to speak out about this tragic affair. I cannot count on any media organization to fairly represent my story, as they have grossly misrepresented and sensationalized the story so far. So, I must present my case here, on the blog that has been my only outlet.

You don’t understand what the last two years have been like, living in this town, dealing with these people. When we came here, the Meiers seemed like a great family with whom we could form a friendship. Tina sold us our house and our little girls became fast friends. It was typical. Sleepovers and vacations and events in the community. The girls were inseparable….

But things turn sour and it is necessary to create a fake MySpace page to keep the Meiers girl at bay. Something is needed to distract her. Things quickly spin out of control.

Megan was screaming at Josh for answers on who he had been talking to: she wanted to know who ratted her out so she could take out revenge on them, too. I shared Megans messages with everyone involved and encouraged everyone to stand up against her and not take her crap anymore.

Instead, once the word got out about Megan, so did all her romantic replies, as well as a few secrets and the MySpace crowd ganged up on her.But I didnt realize that this group would react that way. I expected a certain amount of bullying, and I was OK with it. I wanted Megan to get a taste of what she had been dishing out this whole time. But I didnt want it to go as far as it did. Its true that the slut and fat references came out of what I shared. And by the time I was done with work on that day, the bullying against Megan had progressed pretty far. I had heard about the “better off without you” message and thats when I told everyone to cool it. Megan had been punished enough, and I was satisfied that she would think twice before bullying or manipulating anyone again. I don’t know who wrote that “better off without you” message.

I would advise reading the whole thing. It’s an eye-opener. Some will wonder if it is a hoax. The likelihood is low since this sort of thing would cause legal action if done by a third party. That assumes a third party would know the law. The St. Louis reporters think this site is a hoax.

And then there are the rather juvenile comments following the story worth some disdain.

related link:
typical shallow news report on the story

1. Ashley says:

I found yo house on google maps! Trashy bitch!

• Stephen Calandrino says:

Lori, the world would be far better off without you and all the other fat loads that attack children over the internent. A special spot in Hell awaits you and those two little tramps who helped kill Megyn. I pray that Megyn is now in the House of the Lord, and you won’t be allowed to even wipe your filthy feet on the welcome mat

• Andy says:

Don’t be so harsh. Lori got her own reasons for her actions however bad they may seem. Megan isn’t entirely innocent of bullying either.

• aqil says:

but as adult , she can find some other way better than bullying megan , as adult she needs to use her head to lead the kids , not do all this thing

• katelyne says:

Are you fucking retarded? This bitch drove a HARMLESS 13 year old girl to kill herself. Ur just as bad as whorie (Lori) for sticking up for her u sick freak. Use some reasoning in ur next post dumbass

• katelyne says:

Where is it I’m searching for this bitch

2. joanne says:

i like how you start off with “stop bullying my daughter”! lol, talk about double standards!! and ya, come on, adult!!! looks like you have some serious growing up to do!! a bit s-l-o-w, i guess!, but still no excuse! i hope the guilt eats you up!

3. Hills says:

Lori is a grown a** woman who decided to act like a child.
    She intentionally set up a fake account to lure a teenage girl to share information based on a rumor her daughter had heard, what exactly did she intend to do when she found out the information? (besides the fact that I think this is entirely inappropriate considering lori was not teaching her daughter to stand up for herself and a rumour is after all a rumour) If that blog is indeed something Lori wrote she says she expected and was okay with Megan being bullied. As for her not knowing who posted “better off without you” , what does it matter? Lori was the one who set up the account and is therefor responsible for any and all comments made on te account. By setting up the account and acting like an immature little girl, she have permission to the child in her care to do the same, she can’t expect anyone who looks up to her for guidance to set boundaries if she doesn’t set them herself.

This woman is no better than the online pedofiles and predators who try and lure youn girls into bad situations.

Shame on you Lori, I hope Megan’s mother sues the sh** out of you for emotional trauma.

4. dislikeparentswhobully says:

Lori Drew, dear GOD! I’ve never heard of anyone more stupid and irriresponsible than YOU! I dont know why people are letting you get away with this, you should be charged for MURDER, yes MURDER you stupid sh***y excuse of a human and you should be sentenced in prison for LIFE for taking A YOUNG GIRLS LIFE!!!! I thought most people, or should I say PARENTS were more mature? obviously not. I want you to know that even if this post is years later and megan is long gone, 99% of anyone who knows what happened to her out their in this massive world, you would be one person they’d never want to see in their life nor in their afterlife. something bad will happen to you in your life soon and it will be what you get for doing this to a teenager!

5. Chris M says:

I cut off your fucking head bitch!

6. katelyne says:

Laurie drew, you are pathetic the fact that u can go on living knowing u caused a 13 year old girl to kill herself is beyond me. I hope u die and burn in hell. But not just die, I hope u experience the most painful, inhumane, cruel death possible. U are a disgusting excuse of a person and a mother. If I were ur daughter I would kill myself. Maybe that’s what u deserve, to lose ur daughter like ur neighbors lost theirs. Love thy neighbor? Instead u pushed urs to commit suicide. U may have escaped the law but I know for a fact there are people out there that are looking to seek their own justice on you. I know I am.. I hope u read and understand how everyone in America feels about you. U ARE A FAT DISGUSTING PIG AND U DESERVE TO DIE. go kill urself now n save me a trip to ur house u gutless coward

7. sadie says:

what really makes me.sick is you are.more.concerned with defending your actions than.yu are sorru for the loss.of a cjild. That little girl had EVERY right to make friends with whimever she.chose without interference from.you.Im waiting for the day I see your physco daighters name in the news because ahe ran her husband over for wanting a divorce…..may your life suck for as long as thatottle girls parents have to grieve…you are a real national treasure

8. Dee says:

This story absolutely tore my heart out! It’s bad enough kids bully each other but now adults will go this far. I just look at your disgusting picture of you and your daughter y’all were jealous Magan was so beautiful. And could get a boyfriend. Why couldn’t you just go like adults do and talk one on one with her mother?!? Instead You acted and conducted yourself like a stupid ignorant bully kid!!! There’s no place for you or your daughter you ate obviously raising to be like you. She has No chance!!