1. He invented RSS.
2. He, along with Adam Curry, pioneered podcasting.
3. He knew people would love Twitter in 2001.
4. He was one of the first bloggers around.
5. He is a visionary in journalism.
6. He pioneered the concept of editing pages without messing up with the code.
Yet, he sucks at webdesign. Don’t have to link to anything here, just look at the websites above. I think he does this on purpose to emphasize the technology behind his sites.
I also laugh at the people who criticize him and say that RSS is dead. If it is dead, stop using it! It is the backend of thousands of web applications and it enables cool new innovative products. Twitter is cool and all of that, but it is completely limited and controlled by a single company. Plus, RSSCloud and PubSubHubBub is coming.
Anyway, what do you guys think about him?