What’s on your mind?
While yelling “F*ck the Police!” apparently her car got stolen.
Elizabeth Vega is one of the Ferguson protest leaders. She protested at sports venues and attempted a banner drop. She co-led the St Louis Symphony interruption, was arrested at the pumpkin smashing, yelled at the St Louis Post Dispatch protest, and helped block traffic with her freakshow in Clayton yesterday.
The police response: “We’ll get right on that ma’am.”
FERGUSON, Mo. (CBS ST. Louis) – Supporters of Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson successfully crowd-sourced the funds to put up a #PantsUPDontLOOT billboard in Ferguson.
Don Alexander of Brentwood, Tenn., raised the over $3,000 to place the billboard in the Ferguson area amid months of racial tensions vandalism from riots following the Aug. 9 shooting death of unarmed teenager Michael Brown.
A grand jury is likely to announce whether it will indict Wilson on any charges sometime this month.
It’s interesting that the FBI, State Police and Holder’s Justice Department have all investigated this incident and yet I don’t recall hearing anything about the outcome of those investigations. If the findings were that the officer was within his right to defend himself, then we need to hear that from the Resident. If the opposite is true, then we need to hear that as well. The victims of Ferguson will now be the business owner’s and innocent bystanders. The people deserve much better than this from their public servants.
The Electronic Frontier Foundation reports the following:
Big news. The Senate is planning to vote on NSA surveillance reform this week. If the USA FREEDOM Act (S. 2685) passes, it will be the first law to limit the NSA’s spying power in almost thirty years.
We’re asking friends of EFF to call their Senators today and urge them to pass the strongest bill possible. Not in the United States? Sign our petition against mass surveillance instead.
The new Senate version of the USA FREEDOM Act would:
- Rein in the NSA’s illegal collection of millions of Americans’ telephone records by amending one of the worst provisions of the Patriot Act, Section 215.
- Create a special advocate whom the secret surveillance court can appoint to argue for civil liberties and privacy in proceedings that raise novel or significant legal issues.
- Provide new reporting requirements about surveillance, so that the NSA is forced to tell us how many people are actually being surveilled under its programs, including the program that allows the NSA to see the contents of Americans’ communications without a warrant.
The family of the first patient diagnosed with Ebola in the United States announced Wednesday that a settlement had been reached with the Dallas hospital that treated him before his death. The deal with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital was “as good or better than we would have done in court,” Les Weisbrod, a lawyer for the family of Thomas Eric Duncan, said at a news conference.
Lawyer up and sue the people who try to help you, then write a book about it. Assimilation at it’s finest.
Next up: Nurses who contracted ebola from Eric Duncan’s criminal negligence sue girlfriend. …God Bless ‘murica.
“Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber bragging about deceiving the American people, who he thinks are stupid.”
Unfortunately, he has a point. Most people I know thought they were going to get free healthcare.
Related: Obamacare Penalty to Triple.
I got this email today from Home Depot.
Dear Valued Customer,
The Home Depot has discovered that a file containing your email address may have been taken during the payment card breach we announced in September. The file contained email addresses, but it did not contain passwords, payment card information, or other sensitive personal information. We apologize for this incident and for the inconvenience and frustration this may cause you.
In all likelihood this event will not impact you, but we recommend that you be on the alert for phony emails requesting personal or sensitive information. If you have any questions or would like additional information on how to protect yourself from email scams, please visit our website or call 1-800-HOMEDEPOT.
Again, we apologize for the frustration and inconvenience this incident may have caused. Thank you for your continued support.
The Home Depot
For years the only real reason to vote for Democrats was “Republicans are even worse”. The NSA spying revealed by Snowden was one of the things that changed that. And when Nancy Pelosi and most of the rest of the Democrat Party got on board with it there ceased to be a significant difference. The Democrats should have got the message in 2013 at Netroots nation when Pelosi was booed and heckled (by your’s truly) for saying the Obama did the right thing and Snowden was a criminal. And I’ll bet the Democrats still don’t get it.
That’s not the only thing that made Dem voters not care about this election.
- Obama has more aggressively deported Hispanics that any other president.
- He was also very aggressive closing down California’s legal Medical Marijuana dispensaries.
- He was against Gay Marriage before he was for it.
- He imposed a tax on solar panels.
- Guantanamo is still open for business.
- Obama is covering up reports on Bush era torture.
- When the economy crashed he handed out trillion to the rich and left us with the bill.
- No crooked banker went to jail over the 2008 crash.
- Egypt, Libya, Iraq, Syria, all far worse off. Iraq was Bush’s fault, Obama made it worse.
- Obama skyjacked the plane of Bolivian president looking for Snowden.
- Obama spied on our allies, tapping their phones, like the president of Germany.
- Obama spies on and wire taps journalists.
- Obama shut down the Space Shuttle without replacing it first leaving us to thumb rides to space for the Russians.
- Obama gutted NASA funding.
- Obama gutted scientific research funding.
- Obama opposed the FDA recommendation to allow Plan B birth control.
- Obama signed the sequestrations into law.
- We got Romneycare rather than single payer health care.
- Hope and Change became Nope and Same.
- Obama is and example of affirmative action gone bad.
- You can only stand so much weak and stupid.
- Obama is still waiting for the Republican’s to give him permission to be president.
- Democrats are not really serious about immigration reform. We deport highly talented people who we educated here who want to stay.
- Declining living standards.
- Rich getting even richer. Poor getting even poorer.
- Wall Street borrows at 0% interest. main street pays 15-30%
- No mortgage write down for home owners.
- Children fleeing for their lives in Central America send back to die.
- Secret Service more into whores than fence jumpers.
- We’re going to defeat ISIS without boots on the ground?
- Obama hands over more money to churches “faith based organizations” than bush.
- Cuts in food stamps for the poor.
- Obama at war with Journalists and free Speech.
- Obama’s persecution of whistle blowers who report government wrongdoing.
- Obama at war with 4th Amendment.
- No minimum wage increase.
- Selling guns to Mexican drug lords.
- We could have had the Clinton’s back.
For you foreign readers, it’s election day in the US on Tuesday when we get to choose who will ‘lead’ us. Lead in quotes because on the national level, we haven’t had much of that going on for a while now. Which, given how screwed up things get when they do get around to doing something, that isn’t always a bad thing.
So, those of you voting, do you want to keep the devil you know, or vote the bum out and replacing him/her with someone who can’t possibly be worse?
Not that I’m cynical or anything…
By the way, do TV political ads have any effect on your decision?
An emerging Federal Communications Commission plan to give the agency more authority to regulate traffic on broadband Internet networks is shaping up as the classic Washington compromise. No one loves the idea, and everyone is sure it will wind up in court.
The broadband providers are concerned because the plan would expand the agency’s ability to regulate them by classifying the providers under the part of telecommunications law, Title II, that covers common carriers, or public utilities. They would prefer to keep broadband as a more lightly regulated information service.
The plan being developed by FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler would treat broadband as two distinct services, the retail service, where consumers pay providers for Internet access, and the back end, where the providers pick up content for distribution. The FCC would then classify the back-end service as a telecommunications service, giving the agency the ability to police any deals between content companies and broadband providers.
Instead of a ban on deals with content companies, the FCC’s plan would put the onus on the broadband providers to prove the deals aren’t harmful to competition or consumers. That drew fire from some of the most vocal net-neutrality activists as well as Web companies that have called for the FCC to ban all such deals.
In the New York Times article on this had an interesting phrase: “The retail portion, the transaction that sends data through the Internet service provider to the consumer and which allows the consumer to access any legal content on the Internet, would receive a lighter regulatory touch.”
Who is going to determine that, I wonder?
We hear a lot about glass ceilings and male privilege but it doesn’t have to be that way. Women could just take the power away from men. It won’t take year, it won’t take a revolution, it won’t take men giving women power. Women could just take power. All they have to do is just take it.
We have an election coming up next Tuesday and there are more women than there are men. So in theory women could just elect whoever they want and win EVERY SINGLE RACE. I’m not just talking about elections where women are running. I’m talking about elections where women can choose which candidate cares about women’s issues.
On the other hand if women don’t start asserting their rights they are going to lose not just abortions, but birth control. I personally think that a woman has the right to decide n ot to be pregnant for any reason or no reason at all. And women could put and end to this by just voting for the candidate who understands and supports women’s issues.
So – if you want equal pay for equal work. If you want maternity leave. If you want to be able to take care of a sick child or relative. If you want affordable health care that covers women’s health care needs, If you want affordable child care. If you want to be able to walk the streets and be safe. You can have it and you are just one vote away from making it happen.
If women were to take the time, study the issues, see where the candidates stand, and make a decision in the interests of women then we would have a congress, a senate, state officials, governors, all of which care about women’s issues. The situation can be transformed in just a few days with a single vote and all women, and men who care about women’s issues, can take the power away from those who are moving to oppress women.
It is not good for men or women to have the interests of women not on par with the interests of men. If we are going to have a healthy society long term we need to move forward to a world where women have 50% control of society. So i’m asking women – don’t wait till men give you power. Power is not given, power it taken. Take it.