Lenore Skenazy is a public speaker and founder of the book and blog Free-Range Kids. Her show “World’s Worst Mom” airs on Discovery/TLC international.
The Richland, WA, school district is phasing out swings on its playgrounds. As the district’s spokesman recently told KEPR TV: “It’s just really a safety issue. Swings have been determined to be the most unsafe of all the playground equipment on a playground.”
Ah yes, those dangling doom machines. All they sow is death and despair.
What’s on your mind?
While yelling “F*ck the Police!” apparently her car got stolen.
Elizabeth Vega is one of the Ferguson protest leaders. She protested at sports venues and attempted a banner drop. She co-led the St Louis Symphony interruption, was arrested at the pumpkin smashing, yelled at the St Louis Post Dispatch protest, and helped block traffic with her freakshow in Clayton yesterday.
The police response: “We’ll get right on that ma’am.”
FERGUSON, Mo. (CBS ST. Louis) – Supporters of Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson successfully crowd-sourced the funds to put up a #PantsUPDontLOOT billboard in Ferguson.
Don Alexander of Brentwood, Tenn., raised the over $3,000 to place the billboard in the Ferguson area amid months of racial tensions vandalism from riots following the Aug. 9 shooting death of unarmed teenager Michael Brown.
A grand jury is likely to announce whether it will indict Wilson on any charges sometime this month.
It’s interesting that the FBI, State Police and Holder’s Justice Department have all investigated this incident and yet I don’t recall hearing anything about the outcome of those investigations. If the findings were that the officer was within his right to defend himself, then we need to hear that from the Resident. If the opposite is true, then we need to hear that as well. The victims of Ferguson will now be the business owner’s and innocent bystanders. The people deserve much better than this from their public servants.
The Electronic Frontier Foundation reports the following:
Big news. The Senate is planning to vote on NSA surveillance reform this week. If the USA FREEDOM Act (S. 2685) passes, it will be the first law to limit the NSA’s spying power in almost thirty years.
We’re asking friends of EFF to call their Senators today and urge them to pass the strongest bill possible. Not in the United States? Sign our petition against mass surveillance instead.
The new Senate version of the USA FREEDOM Act would:
- Rein in the NSA’s illegal collection of millions of Americans’ telephone records by amending one of the worst provisions of the Patriot Act, Section 215.
- Create a special advocate whom the secret surveillance court can appoint to argue for civil liberties and privacy in proceedings that raise novel or significant legal issues.
- Provide new reporting requirements about surveillance, so that the NSA is forced to tell us how many people are actually being surveilled under its programs, including the program that allows the NSA to see the contents of Americans’ communications without a warrant.
The family of the first patient diagnosed with Ebola in the United States announced Wednesday that a settlement had been reached with the Dallas hospital that treated him before his death. The deal with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital was “as good or better than we would have done in court,” Les Weisbrod, a lawyer for the family of Thomas Eric Duncan, said at a news conference.
Lawyer up and sue the people who try to help you, then write a book about it. Assimilation at it’s finest.
Next up: Nurses who contracted ebola from Eric Duncan’s criminal negligence sue girlfriend. …God Bless ‘murica.
“Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber bragging about deceiving the American people, who he thinks are stupid.”
Unfortunately, he has a point. Most people I know thought they were going to get free healthcare.
Related: Obamacare Penalty to Triple.
I got this email today from Home Depot.
Dear Valued Customer,
The Home Depot has discovered that a file containing your email address may have been taken during the payment card breach we announced in September. The file contained email addresses, but it did not contain passwords, payment card information, or other sensitive personal information. We apologize for this incident and for the inconvenience and frustration this may cause you.
In all likelihood this event will not impact you, but we recommend that you be on the alert for phony emails requesting personal or sensitive information. If you have any questions or would like additional information on how to protect yourself from email scams, please visit our website or call 1-800-HOMEDEPOT.
Again, we apologize for the frustration and inconvenience this incident may have caused. Thank you for your continued support.
The Home Depot
For years the only real reason to vote for Democrats was “Republicans are even worse”. The NSA spying revealed by Snowden was one of the things that changed that. And when Nancy Pelosi and most of the rest of the Democrat Party got on board with it there ceased to be a significant difference. The Democrats should have got the message in 2013 at Netroots nation when Pelosi was booed and heckled (by your’s truly) for saying the Obama did the right thing and Snowden was a criminal. And I’ll bet the Democrats still don’t get it.
That’s not the only thing that made Dem voters not care about this election.
- Obama has more aggressively deported Hispanics that any other president.
- He was also very aggressive closing down California’s legal Medical Marijuana dispensaries.
- He was against Gay Marriage before he was for it.
- He imposed a tax on solar panels.
- Guantanamo is still open for business.
- Obama is covering up reports on Bush era torture.
- When the economy crashed he handed out trillion to the rich and left us with the bill.
- No crooked banker went to jail over the 2008 crash.
- Egypt, Libya, Iraq, Syria, all far worse off. Iraq was Bush’s fault, Obama made it worse.
- Obama skyjacked the plane of Bolivian president looking for Snowden.
- Obama spied on our allies, tapping their phones, like the president of Germany.
- Obama spies on and wire taps journalists.
- Obama shut down the Space Shuttle without replacing it first leaving us to thumb rides to space for the Russians.
- Obama gutted NASA funding.
- Obama gutted scientific research funding.
- Obama opposed the FDA recommendation to allow Plan B birth control.
- Obama signed the sequestrations into law.
- We got Romneycare rather than single payer health care.
- Hope and Change became Nope and Same.
- Obama is and example of affirmative action gone bad.
- You can only stand so much weak and stupid.
- Obama is still waiting for the Republican’s to give him permission to be president.
- Democrats are not really serious about immigration reform. We deport highly talented people who we educated here who want to stay.
- Declining living standards.
- Rich getting even richer. Poor getting even poorer.
- Wall Street borrows at 0% interest. main street pays 15-30%
- No mortgage write down for home owners.
- Children fleeing for their lives in Central America send back to die.
- Secret Service more into whores than fence jumpers.
- We’re going to defeat ISIS without boots on the ground?
- Obama hands over more money to churches “faith based organizations” than bush.
- Cuts in food stamps for the poor.
- Obama at war with Journalists and free Speech.
- Obama’s persecution of whistle blowers who report government wrongdoing.
- Obama at war with 4th Amendment.
- No minimum wage increase.
- Selling guns to Mexican drug lords.
- We could have had the Clinton’s back.